Jealousy Rears It's Ugly Head

Nobody knew that you and Colby were dating. It was an agreement that you had made together in order for you not to receive hate mail from his fans that want Colby for themselves. Plus, Colby didn't want anything to get between your relationship and keeping it a secret seemed to be the best alternative for that.

All of Colby's best friends knew about the relationship and anytime that you wanted to hang out with Colby in public required them to be with you. It kept the secret a secret.

One day while at the mall it was you, Colby, his best friend Sam, and some of their friends Corey Scherer, Brennen Taylor, Jessie Paege, Katrina Stuart, and Elton Castee. You all were sitting in the food court together eating food. With everyone already being friends nobody in the mall thought anything of you being near Colby at all. A couple of girls would come over every once in a while to try and meet Sam and Colby or really any of the people we were with because they were all YouTubers / singers / ex-viners.

"We'll be right back" you said to Colby as you, Jessie and Katrina got up from their large table and started heading towards the bathroom.
As you were walking to the bathroom you noticed someone entering the back entrance of the mall. The person looked very familiar and you couldn't place a name to the face that you were looking at. He looked at you and waved and just to be polite you waved back but still couldn't figure out who he was.

While in the bathroom Jessie and Katrina were asking about your relationship. "What are you and Colby going to do?" Katrina asked

"I honestly don't know" you said as you rubbed your forehead dragging your hands upwards above your head. "I don't want to lose Colby ever in my life but I know his fans will talk since i'm not famous like the rest of you guys"

"I can't speak from experience because i'm a loner, but I think you and Colby should put a video on YouTube about your relationship so that everyone knows" Jessie suggested

"What if his fans don't like me?"

"For the first five minutes of meeting you none of us liked you but once we started talking to you we all realized how cool of a girl you are" Katrina said

"Hopefully Colby and I will figure all of this out together" you said as you left the bathroom and started heading back over to the food court.

The person that had walked in was still standing there. You had gotten frustrated that you couldn't remember where you know him from and you decided to go up and ask him. You are the kind of person that lived with no fear and you just went all in to everything you ever did. With having no fear that's how you had the courage to ask Colby out for the first time since he was shy and you just weren't.

"Where do I know you from?" you abruptly asked

"I knew you didn't remember me" he said laughing at me "That wave was totally fake" he joked

"So where do I know you from? I know for a fact I've seen you before I just can't remember where"

"It's me Anthony....we used to go to school together when we were in I think 8th or 9th grade"

"Oh my God!" you exclaimed as you went in and hugged your childhood friend. He had changed so much that you didn't even recognize him.

From the other side of the food court Colby noticed that you didn't come back with Jessie and Katrina. He stood up from his chair and looked around the area. He saw you standing by the back entrance of the mall talking to Anthony. Colby had never had any reason to be concerned or jealous about anything, but something in that moment was making his blood boil.
Sam noticed that he was looking at you talking to someone that wasn't Colby and he placed his hand on Colby's shoulder and said "Come on man sit down, she's just talking it's not that big a deal"

Colby sat down but he still kept his eyes glued on the door. He saw you talking and laughing with your old friend and it was beginning to make Colby mad because you had never been the kind of person to abandon the group to talk to someone else. It was never anything that needed to be worried about since you had only recently moved to California to be be with Colby for more than a short period of time.

"Well Anthony it was great seeing you" you said as you started to say your goodbyes and part ways from him. "I hope you have a safe flight back and maybe I'll see you again soon" you gave Anthony another hug goodbye and he bent forward and pecked your cheek. 

He walked out of the mall and you walked back over to the table. Everybody was still sitting at the table except Colby was gone. He was no longer sitting there. 

"Guys where is Colby?" you asked as you didn't notice that fans were around taking pictures with Sam and Jessie 

Corey pulled you too the side because he didn't want the fans hearing your conversation but he said "Colby left" 

"What do you mean he left?" 

"He didn't like seeing you with that guy and when he saw him kiss you and stuff Colby just bolted out of here and told us not to follow him" 

"Well I'm going to go find him" you said getting nervous 

Colby was not the best at keeping his feelings minimal and when it came to jealousy he was never able to contain himself. He was very protective and just completely attached to being the best version of himself for you that he could be. 

"Y/N I think he just wants to be alone right now" 

"Absolutely not!" You shouted at Corey from the corner of the food court. "Colby is everything to me and I'm afraid for him right now" 

You ran out of the mall and went to straight to Sam's car. You actually don't have a legal drivers license at the moment because of a stupid  There was one single place that Colby goes to when he is upset. You drove as fast as you could to the pier that was near Colby's apartment that lead onto the beach. I was getting really nervous. 

I ran out into the sand and saw Colby sitting on the sand up against a large column. His hair was in his face and his face was completely pale. His lips were puffy and he had an empty bottle of Smirnoff sitting in the sand. I knew in an instant that Colby was drunk. 

"Colby what the hell are you doing here?" 

"Just wanted to get away, the mall was pretty terrible" he said to me while his words stuttered 

"And you felt the need to get and finish a bottle of Smirnoff in order to feel better from the mall" 

"What was I supposed to do Y/N I saw that guy in the mall kiss you" he said as his voice was becoming less understandable. "I just never want to lose you because you are everything to me" 

"Colby literally you are the most important thing to me....and I promise he was just someone I use to go to school with, me and him never stayed in touch and he was visiting LA" 

Colby was breathing very heavily and he didn't respond to what you said. He just looked forward with his droopy eyes and bright red puffed up lips. 

"I swear to you Colby that I love you" 

"What'd you just say?" he asked as his eyes began to close and his head fell forward. "Did you just say what I think you said"

"Yes Colby, I love you with all my heart and I always have" 

I love you too Y/N"