Bring In The Clowns

Requested by // dedicated to @patriciawsv

Have you ever had a fear? A partially irrational fear of something that no one would ever understand. To me that fear is clowns. Ever since I was little the fear has over taken my body and I would wake up in the middle of the night screaming. Lots of people say that clowns are harmless and that they are just people with makeup on. As a twenty-one year old girl I'm not a moron and I know that they are just people with big shoes and a lot of makeup, but for some reason my fear goes so deep into my soul that I can't help but be terrified every time I see one. Whether it's on television, the internet, or in person.....I'm petrified.

***

"Come on Colby! We're going to be late for your meeting....Sam is already there and he's been waiting for us to show up" you shouted through the house that you and Colby shared with a few other people. You shared it with Corey, Aaron, Sam, Jake, and Devyn

"I'm coming!" he shouted from his bedroom as I heard a loud thud come from his bedroom. I ran up the stairs to see if Colby was alright and I heard him yell "I'm good....stupid pants" he remained putting his jeans on as we ran down the stairs to Colby's car

Colby and I drove to meet a few of the members that helped make Sam and Colby what they are today. Whether it was tours, merch, video ideas, and a whole bunch more. Today's main topic would be to help create new merch for their upcoming tour this summer. Sam and Colby were getting a lot of things ready because this tour was so unexpected that it was becoming overwhelming to them both. However, the two of them couldn't be more excited.

"This shirt is freakin' amazing dude" Sam exclaimed looking at the computer. "Y/N can you make sure that we have enough of the sizes for each tour date"

"Already on it Mr. Golbach" I joked pulling up the information on my handheld computer

A lot of what I do is what drew Colby and I closer together. I worked at a company that mass produced clothing to different websites and companies. Colby came in one day with an issue with his fanjoy merch website. I helped him sort through everything and we ended up spending a lot of time together. We talked about everything together and then he finally asked me out of a date. It was like a dream. I told Colby everything about my upbringing and how I moved to California after high school. I told him everything except for my biggest fear. I never felt the need to bring it up.

After spending about two hours at this meeting the three of us went back to the house. Aaron and Jake were playing video games and Corey was doing some dance moves on the other side of the room.

I went straight upstairs to my bedroom to get some work done before our usual mid week movie night together as a family. Our house was a family and we wanted to always keep it that way by spending quality time together. We all obviously have separate lives, but we all thoroughly enjoyed our movie nights because we never really watch the movie. We just make jokes and reform our own dialogue into the eventually muted television.

*Colby's POV*

"Alright guys Y/N is upstairs and I'm going to be pulling a prank on her. I just don't know how to make it work. I know she has camera's in her room for when she films, so I need one of you to go in there and turn it on. Then I'll have a camera with me as the prank is happening"

I explained the plan to them and then I was interrupted by Jake who asked "what exactly is the prank?"

I said nothing except giving the gesturing of putting a clown mask on my face. The guys all started laughing as we heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Corey brushed it off by saying "It's probably Devyn she was taking a nap upstairs"

We all remained silence as we heard the most gut wrenching scream for bloody murder that anyone had ever heard. It wasn't Devyn screaming, however, it was Y/N. She immediately turned around after screaming and ran back upstairs. Before I could think of anything to say I ran after her up the stairs to having her bedroom door slammed in my face. I lifted the mask up, so that it was rested on my forehead and partially on top of my head.

"Y/N please open the door. I didn't think it would scare you that much" I said trying to gently knock on the door. "Please Y/N it was only a prank and I just want you to talk to me"

I heard the bedroom door unlock and so I let myself inside to see Y/N sitting on her bed with a pillow in between her arms as she rested the side of her face on the pillow that was being held up by her knees. She had her face towards the wall, so I couldn't see her.

"In case you didn't notice I'm petrified of clowns" she told me in a whisper

"Yeah....before today I had no idea. I thought we tell each other everything. You unwillingly know all of my irrational fears and phobias"

"Colby it's not something I thought would ever need to be brought up. I walk around thinking that I'm fearless. I moved by myself to LA at seventeen, I fell in love and moved in with you at barely twenty, I sneak into abandon buildings, and use tarot cards and a ouija board that summons demons.....I never thought clowns would pop up in this stuff"

Throughout all of this Y/N still hadn't turned her face to look at me. I tried my best to get her to look at me when finally I climbed over her so that I would be facing her while she faced the wall. That plan didn't exactly go to plan. Since I didn't pull the mask up high enough it sort of fell back onto my face without me noticing fast enough. Y/N's eyes bulged out of her head and she tried to hold back the tears, but she couldn't. She held back her screams, but the tears continued to fall down her face.

Her bedroom window was open, so I threw the mask out of the window as hard as I could hoping to never see it again. "Hey look at me...." I whispered to her "it's just me, the same old ridiculously annoying yet devilishly handsome Colby Brock"

I saw her let out a small smile as I wiped the tears off of her cheeks "The one and only" she replied to me

"The one and only one for you"