New Best Friend

"And Canada does it again at the end of the 1st period of the gold medal game against USA!" Canadian roars are heard from outside the arena. "Tickets are sold out, they're not going to let us in." my friend Kayla says. "I'll find a way to get in. I can't miss the game!" "Uh my mom just texted me, she's wondering where I am. She's going to kill me if she finds out I sneaked out. I gotta head back to the hotel, sorry Cay." she says. "I had a feeling this was gonna be a bad idea." I say. "I already told you this wasn't going to work. Good luck getting in, I gotta go." "What about me?" I ask. She looks at me apologetically "Either you come back to the hotel with me now or you call an uber after the game if you even get in." "Just go back, i'll be fine." I assure her. She bids goodbye and heads back to the parking lot.

I walk towards the customer service booth and wait for someone who could help me. "Hi how can I help you?" a middle aged lady greets me. "Hi, I was wondering if there is any possibility that I can watch the game in the arena." "Sorry miss, if you do not have a ticket you cannot enter the arena." I sigh and thank the lady. Guess i'll just be heading back to the hotel now. I lean against the wall by the entrance to the rink. I turn on my phone but it's dead. "Fucking hell." I mutter. I hear a small chuckle from behind me causing my head to look to the direction of the voice. Holy fuck it's Philippe Myers!!! "Hey you alright?" I give him a shy smile. "They won't let me in because I couldn't get tickets." He helps me off the ground. "I'm sure I can get you in." he gives me a bright smile. I tell him it's okay and i'd just go back to my hotel but he insisted since I was a nice fan. He takes me through some doors down a hallway where we are met by some security guards. "Philippe Myers and friend" he says showing his pass. The security let us through, and Phil brings me to the lounge area outside the change rooms. "Here you can watch with me here since everyone is out there." I look at the huge screen screening the game. "Thanks so much Myers!" I hug him taking him by surprise. "Anything for our fans." I take a seat on the couch next to him. "Tell me about yourself." he starts.

After Phil and I get to know each other better the 2nd period begins. "Oh so close!" I yell at the screen. Throughout the game it got really intense and I got very nervous. "I can't watch this anymore!" I exclaim. Phil laughs. "You're gonna miss out every detail!" Phil got us a warm fuzzy blanket and I climbed under the blanket and held tightly onto it. "Aw you look so cute." "Shut up Myers." I chuck a pillow at him. "You hungry? I can get some food if you want." "Nah I'm good, but thanks." I respond. "I thought that if you have a concussion, you can't look at a screen for long." "Who cares? This game is important!" he laughs. One thing I learned is he loves to make people laugh. I feel like we're already best friends. "FUck!" I turn back to the screen. Fuck indeed, USA just scored on Carter. "It's okay I know we can pull through. We're still leading." I tell Phil. A couple of minutes later USA scored again. Now the game is tied at 2.

"I'm gonna get some food i'll be back." Myers says. "Wait i'll come with you!" I shout chasing after him. "Aight let's go." We walk to the player's food lounge and grab some yummy food. "I'll get the chips, grab some cookies!" "K!" I reply across the room. After getting our food we walk back to the room. "So there's a party tonight to celebrate the end of the championship. Wanna come?" Me at a party with my favourite hockey players?!! "Are you sure i'm allowed to be there?" "Ya of course. I know we met like 2 hours ago but you're already my new best friend. Plus, some of the boys are bringing their girlfriends." "I'm sure I can go. But i'd need to let my mom know first. By the way, do you have an iPhone charger? My phone died." "Great! Prepare yourself because hockey players party hard. And ya here." I laugh at his statement, and take his charger. "Alright. But I gotta go back to my hotel to get changed."

During the 3rd period. The room was filled with yells and so much emotion. The game was so intense. Canada had scored 2 goals leading the game at 4-2. But then USA scored 2 goals to tie the game at 4. "Fucking hell!" Phil throws a cookie at the screen and I tell him to calm himself. "You aren't even eating the food." he says. "I'm not in the mood to eat. I can't eat. This is too intense." I tell him. The 3rd period ends and we head into intermission before we go into over time. Phil and I heard loud noises and foot steps outside the door. "Hey Myers! Oh- who's this?" someone walks in. I turn to the door and see Dylan Strome, Mathew Barzal, and Julien Gauthier, 3 of my favourite players. "Hey guys! Intense game eh?" Phil asks. "Ya. Those American's are crazy out there. Who's your girl?" Dylan asks. "She's not my girl but she's my new best friend I met a couple hours ago. Her name is Caelyn." "Wow i've been replaced by a girl." Matt says to Phil, and we laugh. "Nice to meet you! Phil's friends are our friends too!" Julien welcomes. "You going to the party tonight?" "Yes she is!" Phil answers for me. "Well girl, you're in for a fucking good time!" Dylan says. "Can't wait!" I reply. "Strome, Barzal, Gautheir, get your asses in the change room!" we hear coach Ducharme. "Who's this?" "Um... This is Caelyn she's Myer's best friend." Matt awkwardly introduces. "Oh, nice to meet you. Excuse us for a couple minutes." I nod as the 3 boys follow him. "See you tonight!" Gauthier yells down the hall. "Seems like they all like you already. Better keep you to myself then." Phil jokes. "Don't worry, you'll always be my number one best friend." I joke.