Lake House Part 2

*Picture of Justin*

Cae's POV

"Steph you look fine, now let's go!" Molly shouts. Molly and Lexi arrived a little while ago with Tyler Bozak and Connor Carrick. "You didn't bring Hoagie?" I frown. "He doesn't like you very much." she teases making me scoff. "Surprise, surprise!" a voice rings. "SYD!" Steph runs over to her and squeezes her tightly. "Don't ruin my hair!" "Nice to see you too." Steph says sarcastically making us laugh. "Syd, I thought you said you weren't going to make it." I say going in for a side hug. "I didn't think I would but here I am. I got the first flight back and Matt picked me up and drove us over here. Happy Birthday!" My face breaks out into a smile. "Thanks so much for being here." I wasn't as close to Sydney, Molly, and Lexi as I was with Steph. I had only met them once while I was skyping Mitch while he was at his team family gathering. "Ladies let's take a photo!" Lexi yells. We pose in front of the large full body length mirror and take a couple of photos.

-

It is now 9:00pm. The party is in full swing. The music is loud even from upstairs. "Aye Connor! There's the birthday boy!" I hear a low male voice greet from downstairs." I turn towards the girls. "Should we go down know?" The girls nod. "Wait, you should come down last." Molly says. "Why?" "Just make a dramatic entrance." Steph laughs. I watch as they head down the stairs to the foyer. I wait 5 minutes before deciding I should head down and greet our guests.

Phil's POV

"Hey Syd. Where's my best friend?" I ask approaching Matt and Sydney. "Um, she should be down soon." I nod. "Happy Birthday Connor!" I shout over the music as I bump into him. He chuckles. "Thanks man. Glad you could make it!" I smile and walk towards the kitchen. "Dude Collin must have payed a fortune for this house. It's huge." a slightly intoxicated Mitchell Stephens exclaims as I grab a bottle of beer. "Ya I know." I reply taking a sip. "Any luck?" Dylan asks when he sees Mathieu walk in. Mathieu smiles. "Her name is Dahlia. I'm getting us drinks." he shouts before running out the kitchen with two bottles. Dylan chuckles taking a swig of his beer. "Dylan! I've been looking for you!" A loud obnoxious voice booms. "Marns. I've been sitting here for the past hour. Where have you been?" Dylan rolls his eyes. You can feel the tension in the room. Something is surely going on between Mitch and Dylan. "What's up man?" Mitch greets me, completely ignoring Dylan's question. "Not much. Steph." I nod towards her acknowledging her presence. She smiles. "Long time no see. Why are you guys in here?" Steph asks. "I'm waiting for my best friend." "Cae is my best friend." Steph argues. "I've known her for longer." I say. "She loves me more." she fights back. Mitch groans at our childishness. "Guys come on. Cae can have more than one best friend." "Stay out of it." Steph and I say at the same time making us laugh. "Auston. Willie!" I shout when I spot them outside the kitchen. "Phil!" Willie shouts back running to me. "So when do we get to meet your best friend?" I look over to Steph and she rolls her eyes. "You mean my best friend?" Steph corrects Will. "Yea sure." Steph scoffs at his response. "Okay. Anyways, you'll meet her soon." Mitch says.

Cae's POV

I walk downstairs and see a lot of people. More than I had expected. I guess Connor has a really wide network of friends. I walk into the large crowd and feel multiple pairs of eyes on me. I instantly feel uncomfortable because I only know a quarter of these people. I feel a hand on my wrist and i''m being pulled towards the kitchen. "Jesus Mitch you scared me!" I yell. He chuckles and I glare at him. I notice two familiar people which I easily identify as William Nylander and Auston Matthews. I also see Phil. PHIL. "PHIL!" I jump on him. "Ow." "Oops sorry. I missed you so much." I hug him and he snakes his arms around me to hug me too. "I missed you too. Happy Belated Birthday!" he grins. "Thanks again. Where's Connor?? I need to tell him Happy Birthday." I say. "I'm sure you'll find him later." Dylan says. I look at him, taking in his appearance. He dresses nicely. He still has explaining to do about the other night. "Did you guys do this for me and Connor? Like the decorations and stuff?" I ask. "Yea. That's why it was a surprise. Collin and Jake helped us too!" Mitch exclaims. I watch as Dylan leaves the kitchen making me frown. "What's wrong with him?" Mitchell Stephens asks walking in. Phil shrugs. "Just let him be. He's been grumpy." Mitch replies. Something is definitely going on. "Oh hey Cae! Happy belated!" He gives me a side hug and I take the time to inhale his scent. He smells really nice. What am I saying?! I thank him and he lets go. I take this time to check him out. I must have been staring because he gives me a smirk. "I'll see you around." he says before walking out. "Your blushing." Phil bluntly states making me blush even harder. "I think you need to cool down a bit." Steph teases causing me to glare at her. "Auston, Willie, this is Caelyn." Mitch introduces. "I'm sure you already know who they are." Mitch assumes looking at me. "It's nice to finally meet you. I've heard much of you." Auston smiles. He's even more beautiful in person. "You can just call me Will or Willie, William sounds too posh." Will laughs. I chuckle and nod in agreement. "So you're a fan i've heard?" Auston asks. I nod in response. "She loves the young talent on the team." Mitch nudges them. "Hmm... is that so?" Will questions. "Yes. You guys better keep it up. I'm joking. It's really nice knowing that two of my favourite hockey teams are here tonight." "Oilers and Leafs?" Auston raises an eyebrow. "Yup." I nod. "But obviously you like the Leafs better right?" Mitch teases. I hum in response. "Kind of a biased response don't you think?" a voice says joining our conversation. I turn around. "Happy Birthday Connor!" I yell over the music as I go in for a hug. "Thanks Cae! Nice place." he shouts back. "Aye birthday boy!" Mitch greets. "Marns!" Connor and Mitch do their bro hand shake thing. "Congrats old guy, you're 20." Will says patting Connor on the back. "I'm still young." Connor replies, acting offended with his hand on his heart making us laugh. "Happy Birthday!" Auston goes in for a bro hug. "Thanks man." I excuse myself from the group and grab a drink before heading to the living room where the couches have been pushed aside. "Guys, have you seen Dylan?" I ask T, Alex Debrincat, Darren and Kayla. "No sorry, did something happen?" T asks concerned. "Um i don't know. He's been acting strange." I say. "Have you guys talked yet?" Kay asks. I shake my head. "Talk about what?" Alex asks. "Nothing." I shrug. I walk away from them and continue searching the house. I stop when I spot a familiar boy. Max! I decide to sneak up on him. I get behind him and jump on his back. "What the fuck?" Max yells. I jump off him and he turns around. "Caelyn! Oh my gosh you've grown so much. Happy belated birthday!" he shouts in my ear because the music is too loud. I laugh. "Thanks Domi. You've changed too, in a good way of course." I smile. "Oh i'd like to introduce you to Jakob and Mike. You remember Lawson and Anthony right?" Max introduces. "How could I forget?" I laugh. "Long time no see." Anthony smiles. "I missed you guys." I say. "Nice to meet you." Jakob says. "Happy belated!" Mike says. "Thanks guys. I gotta go, but i'll talk to you guys later!" I shout. I wave them goodbye and look for the girls.