New Beginnings

Mitch's POV

"Cae stop." I laugh as she bumps her hips into mine causing me to loose balance. ""Please Mitchell." I frown at her use of my first name. "You're the guest. I got the dishes. See, i'm a big boy." I give her a big smile. "Fine but only this time." she gives in. "Yea okay." I lie. After I place the last of the dishes in the drying rack, I turn around to look at her. "I was wondering if you are busy tonight?" I ask nervously, and she looks up from her phone. "Are you asking me out Mitchell Stephens?" She grins. I give her a charming smile, and she laughs. "Hm maybe." I say. "Well then no, i'm busy." She replies. My smile turns into a frown. "Kidding." she laughs again, causing me to roll my eyes. "You tease." I huff, and take the seat next to her. "So where are you taking me?" She asks, making me freeze. Fuck. I haven't thought of that yet. "Um." I start sheepishly. She puts a hand on top of my hand on the table. "I'm a simple girl Mitch. I don't need any fancy shit." I mentally sigh being thankful that she isn't high maintenance like the other girls i've dated in my past. Another reason why i'm attracted to her. "Alright. I'll pick you up at six?" I ask. "Perfect." she grins before getting out of her chair. "I should probably get home so my parents don't worry. Is it okay with you if you drop me off?" "Of course." I nod and watch her disappear up the stairs. I wait for her downstairs so she can change in my room while I get my keys.

Cae's POV

"I forgot to ask but how did that interview thing go with the IMG management?" Mitch asks keeping his eyes on the road. "It went well actually, thanks for asking. I start on Monday. So it's gonna be a pretty stressful week for me because I have to study for my exams which are next week, and my modelling projects, plus I run 5 times a week." I let out an exaggerated sigh. "Wait, you have exams already?" "Technically I should be in first year right now but I got held back a year because I missed a lot of school due to training in Vermont for a few months. So this year, I took advanced placement so I can start my studies at the University of Toronto next month." I explain. "I see. So are you going on an athletic scholarship." "Yup! I'm pretty excited. I mean I already know a bunch of the training staff, coaches, and athletes there because I train with UTTC." "Makes sense." He agrees. "What about you? Are you enrolled at Blyth?" I ask him. "I did while I played for Saginaw, but now that i'm in London, i've transferred to Western." He says. "Western is a pretty nice school." I agree. "Have you visited?" "Yes I have. That was my first choice actually, but I liked the environment Toronto provided more instead." I shrug. "Well that sucks." He says. "Why?" I ask. "Because I would've been able to see you more often." He responds causing me to chuckle. "I'll still see you around." I tell him. "But it's not the same." He argues. "Plus i'm leaving on Tuesday because I need to be back in London for hockey and school." "Oh. Maybe i'll come visit you." I wink at him. "I'd like that." He says looking at me. He's got this really cute smile that makes me feel some kind of way. Mitch is such a sweet boy. He let me keep his shirt on and gave me some sweat pants and sandals to wear because all I had was last night's clothes. I wonder what my parents will think when I get home. "So what program did you apply for?" The voice pulls my head out of my thoughts. "Kinesiology." "Suits you." Mitch comments. "Thanks, I really enjoy it. What about you?" "Public health but I might consider switching programs if I change my mind." I nod. I look out the window as he pulls up to my house. "Thanks for the lift Mitchy." I smirk knowing he hates it when people call him that. "No, just- why?!" He frowns, making me laugh. "Bye, i'll text you later." "Take care Cae!" He yells with his windows down. I give him a thumbs up as he drives away. I open my front door and enter the house cautiously. I feel relieved when I notice no one is awake. I tip toe to my room and see that my mom and Brian's bedroom door is still closed shut. I close the door to my room and grab clean clothes and head to the bathroom to shower.

Monday....

Mitch's POV

"How did your date go?" Justin asks. On Saturday when I got home from Cae's house, I called Justin for advice on where to take her on the date that night. "It went really well. Thanks man!" Justin had suggested on going to the leafs game since she has never been to one of their games and has been dying to go to one, and she was a big fan. I felt so dumb that I didn't even think about that. I wondered why she wouldn't just ask Mitch and Auston for tickets since she met them and quickly became friends with them already. But Justin told me she wasn't that kind of person to use someone like that which I respect greatly. So knowing I have connections with Mitch, I explained the situation and he was very happy to have given me two tickets considering what had gone down Friday night. "So nothing extra happened?" Justin raises his eyebrow at me. He notices the red tint on my cheeks and gasps. "OMG you guys kissed?!" He whisper yells. "Um yea. I kissed her. And she kissed back, which was a relief because I honestly wasn't sure if she liked me in that way. I thought she would have told you guys about the kiss." I say. "Well the girls don't let me listen in on girl talk. But I made Emma spill about Friday night when she heard the news. I don't understand why you are so surprised that she kissed you back during the date when you guys basically made out multiple times at the party Friday night." He complains. "It's different." I say. "How?" Justin asks confused. "Different setting. In a party environment things are going to happen because things happen in the moment." I try to make sense. "Ok that kind of makes sense." he agrees.

"Is Emma already at the track?" I ask and he nods. Caelyn didn't tell me but Justin texted me that she has a meet today so I thought i'd be supportive of her and go watch her race. "Track is this way. Let's go." Justin leads the way and I follow him. "What time is her race at?" I ask Emma once we reach her in the bleachers. "1:15. She should be warming up soon." I nod. It is 12:00pm right now. I take a seat beside Justin and look around the indoor track facility for Caelyn. "Found her." Justin says out loud as he points to a girl in a UTTC singlet and spandex pulling on a team sweater. Well damn girl. "Looks like she's spotted us." Emma laughs as Caelyn makes her way towards us in the bleachers. "Hey guys. Mitch! What are you doing here?" she asks shocked at my presence. "Well hello to you too. Should I feel hurt?" I ask sarcastically. She rolls her eyes playfully at me and slaps me. "I wasn't expecting you to be here, but i'm glad you are here." she smiles, and I feel myself heat up. Is it just me or is it getting hot in here. "I invited him actually." Justin cuts in, and I nod. Caelyn raises an eyebrow at him. "Thought you could use another supporter, and I wanted to support my favourite girl." I grin. "I appreciate that. I've got to go start warming up. I'll talk to you guys after!" she hugs each of us. "Good luck!" We all shout at her. "Favourite girl, huh?" Justin nudges me once Cae is out of earshot. I roll my eyes playfully as he continues teasing me. "Wife her already!" Emma jokes. "Woah. Babe, Mitch has got to make her his girlfriend first. Take it one step at a time." Justin taunts, causing me to laugh. "Okay guys I get it. I've actually been thinking about asking her to be my girlfriend after her meet. I don't know is it too soon? We've only been on one date. And I don't want to rush anything." I rant. "Calm down Mitch. I already know she"ll say yes. I'll tell you a little secret alright. Cae has had an eye on you for a while already. Since that time we were all at the mall. She was just conflicted because Dylan was in the way and she couldn't sort her mind right. If she's not ready don't take her out on it." Emma tells me. "Yea, sometimes girls just need time. Especially a girl like Cae. She's got a good heart. I know she has feelings for you. The chances of her turning you down are less than 10% bro." Justin adds. "Okay thanks guys. That made me feel a lot better." I say honestly. I really don't know if she'd want to deal with a long distance relationship. I've heard mostly bad things and some good things. But i'm determined to make it work for us.