Cold Blooded

Mitch's POV

Cae: Good luck on the game today. Make sure to score for me. xx

2 weeks without Caelyn and I fucking miss her. I just want her in my arms again. She looked pretty upset when I told her I can't visit her this weekend.

"Mitch! Warm ups now!" Coach yells. I quickly shove my phone into my cubby and grab my gloves before exiting the locker room.

Cae's POV

"Thanks Jake! Good luck!" I say before he heads back to the locker room. I had asked Jacob Golden who I had met through a friend a while back. Jacob also plays for the London Knights and is happy for Mitch and I.

I go to my seat and wait for the game to commence. I am seated two rows above the glass. Good enough to give me a perfect view. I am really excited to see Mitch, and I hope he will love my surprise.

Cae: Good luck on the game today. Make sure to score for me. xx I text him. I put my phone away as I see the players hitting the ice for warm ups.

I keep an eye out for Mitch, number 67. I smile and wave back as I see Jacob wave at me, causing some of his team mates to look this way. I see them talking to Jacob for a bit and Jacob shakes his head. Boys will always be curious.

I grin as I see my boyfriend step onto the ice. Once warm ups are over, they begin to start the game.

——————

The knights won 5-3, with Mitch scoring the fourth goal. I was a proud supporter and cheered loudly. I wasn't disappointed that Mitch hadn't noticed me through out the game. I understand that he is focused on the game. Jacob texted me a while ago to come down to the lockers. I man dressed in a knights training room came to escort me.

"Hey, wait here. I'll tell him to come out."

———————

"Hey, wait here. I'll tell him to come out."

I wait outside the locker room. I feel a bit nervous thinking about what his reaction might be.

"Cae?" I turn around and I am blessed with the sight of Mitch. He had changed out of his hockey gear and into his suit.

"Oh my god I have missed you so much!" He says as I smile. He embraces me in a warm hug before planting a sweet kiss on my lips.

"I missed you too!" I smile.

"Did you watch the game? I can't believe you're here."

"I did. I thought it would be nice to surprise you since you can't come visit this weekend." I reply.

"Baby, i'm so sorry I can't visit you this weekend."

"Don't be sorry. I understand. This is your career. I am so proud of you Mitch." I reach out for his hand.

"My number one fan! Did you drive here?" He asks.

"Yea. I should head back soon." I frown.

"No, please stay. You can stay in my hotel room tonight." He pleads.

"Mitch what about your roommates. I don't want to cause any trouble."

"They'll be fine with it. Oh ya, I want to introduce you to the team." He smiles.

"Are you sure? I don't want to bother them." I say.

"Why not? I want them to know who my girlfriend is. They'll love you! don't worry." Mitch assures me. I give in and he holds my hand as we enter the locker room.

"Hey boys! I'd like you to meet my girlfriend." Mitch announces causing his team mates to raise their heads.

"Oooo girlfriend. What's this pretty lady's name?" One of his team mates ask. I recognize him. Tyler Parsons. He played at World Juniors.

"Caelyn. She came to visit, but she'll be heading back to Toronto soon." Mitch says.

"Hey nice to meet you guys." I greet politely. They all reply nicely.

"You two wanna head out with us?" Jacob asks.

"Where are you guys planning on going?" Mitch asks.

"The bar down the street from our hotel."

Mitch turns to look at me as if asking if I would be down to join them. I reply with a shrug not really caring. I just want to be with Mitch.

"Um maybe next time." Mitch nods.

"It was nice meeting you guys." I say. They all say bye as Mitch leads me outside the change room.

"How are we getting to your hotel?" I ask.

"Our uber is already waiting outside. Let's go babe." he smiles, planting a kiss on my lips.

"Where to?" the driver asks.

"The falls please." Mitch replies looking over at me. He brings my hand up to his lips and kisses it.

"Geez your hands are so cold babe."

"I know. I'm cold blooded." I joke making him laugh.

"I'm so happy you're here." he says.

"Me too."

I look out the window of the vehicle as we approach the falls.

"Here you go kids." the driver says. "Stay warm."

"Thanks." We reply.

"It's beautiful." I say. The water is frozen from the Canadian winter weather. There are colourful lights on the frozen ice.

"Not as beautiful as you." he says staring at me.

"I love you." I tell him.

"Caelyn, I love you so much." He leans in and connects our lips. It feels like my body is set on fire. I am filled with warmth. I get this tingling sensation every time i'm with him.

We break out of the kiss and smile at each other. "You look cold." Mitch states.

"I'm okay."

"Come here." He opens his arms for me. I reluctantly enter his embrace and he hugs me tightly and kisses the top of my head.

"Lets take a picture yeah?"

"Sure." I say. We ask someone to take a photo for us and pose in front of the view of the falls.

"Thanks." I tell the stranger.

"This is cute, i'm gonna post it later." I smile as I see how great the photos turned out.

"Sure thing babe. Let's head to the hotel now because i'm getting cold." He chuckles.