Tension

Caelyn's POV

I sit on the couch watching netflix while eating chinese takeout. I hear my phone buzz on the table and grab it to see that Mitch is calling me.

Cae: "Yes?"

Mitch: "Can we hang out? I'm bored."

Cae: "Why not ask Steph?"

Mitch: "She has night class."

Cae: "Right."

Mitch: "What are you doing right now?"

Cae: "Watching netflix and eating."

Mitch: "You know, netflix would be better with a friend."

Cae: "What friend?"

Mitch: "Rude...But seriously i'm bored, can I come over?"

Cae: "I'll come over to your place cause my parents just got home and they're tired."

Mitch: "Alright, i'll text you my address."

Cae: "Okay, see ya in a bit."

I quickly finish my takeout and change into something more comfortable. I head to my room and change into sweatpants and a white quarter zip. I tie my hair up into a bun and grab my keys before heading to my car. I punch in Mitch's address into my GPS and start driving. The drive to Mitch's place is about a 25 minute drive, considering his apartment is downtown and I live near St. Clair. I pull up to the car park in the apartment grounds. I step in the elevator and head up to Mitch's place.

"Hey you're alive." Mitch jokes. "No duh. It took me 30 minutes to get here." I sass. "Not my problem." He opens the door wider, so I can enter his apartment. "Nice place." I comment. It surprisingly looks decent. Pretty clean and organized. I take a seat on a stool beside the bar. "I was expecting your apartment to messy." I confess. "Well it was, but Auston's mom helped us clean up when she came to visit." Mitch explains. "Us?" he must see my confused expression. "Ya. Auston and I share this apartment. You didn't know?" he asks. I shake my head. "Where is he anyways?" I ask. "In his room. I think he's taking a shower." I roll my eyes. "Why did you make me drive all the way down here to hang out with you when you could have asked Auston." I groan. "He said he was busy." Mitch pouts. "Plus you're more fun than him. And I wanted to hang out." he adds. I check my phone and see that it is almost 8:00pm. "So what did you have in mind?" I ask. "20 questions?" "Sure. Can I get some water first?" Mitch nods. "Get a cup in the cupboard and help yourself." I walk to the kitchen and find the cups in a cupboard just out of my reach. I huff in annoyance when I realize I can't grab a cup. "Need some help?" I turn around and see a smirking Auston leaning on the frame. My eyes can't help but trail down his shirtless chest. He walks towards me and chuckles. "Yes please." He playfully shoves me out of his way and easily grabs the cup and hands it to me. "Thanks." I fill it up with some water and head back to the living room where Mitch and Auston are. "Dude, why didn't you get water for Caelyn instead of her getting it herself. She's the guest." Auston asks Mitch. "Eh, too lazy." Mitch laughs. I throw a pillow at him which he catches. "Rude." "Do you want to ask the first question or can I?" Mitch asks. "I will." I grin. Mitch notices Auston still standing in the room. "Can I help you?" he sasses. "Can I play?" Auston asks. "Oh so won't hang out with me, but you'll hang out with me when Caelyn is here?" Mitch asks. "Exactly." Auston smiles at himself as he takes his seat next to me. Mitch scoffs.

"So Mitch, when did you and Auston move in together?" I start. "Before the beginning of the season after training camp. We became best buddies and we were both looking for a place to rent so we decided that it would be cool to share an apartment." He answers. "When did you start doing track and cross country?" Auston asks. "I actually only started competing in cross country last season. But i've been competing in track since I was 10, and I only just became an elite athlete 4 years ago." I say. "You train at UTTC (University of Toronto Track Club) right?" "Ya. I'm transferring early next month there actually, so it's pretty convenient." I explain. "So Auston, how does Toronto compare to Arizona?" "Hard question. Toronto is really nice. I really enjoy the environment and weather here. You really get to experience all four seasons. In Arizona its just hot and dry. Toronto is nice for a change, and the people here are really cool." He answers. After many more questions, we got bored of playing.

"It was nice hanging out with you guys but I should head home." I say checking my phone. It's now 10pm. "No stay." Auston pouts. "I can't. I have class tomorrow." "Fuck school." Mitch says. "By the way, Phil is having a birthday party this weekend. I think he'd appreciate your presence." I say. "We'll sleep on it. Drive safe." Auston gives me a hug, and Mitch does the same. "Night." I shout before leaving their apartment. The drive back home is faster because of the less traffic. Luckily my parents are still sleeping or else they would be questioning my disappearance. I pack my bag for tomorrow, and head up to my room to get ready for bed.

Mitch: You home yet?

Cae: Yes. Go to sleep Mitch.

Mitch: K Mom

I laugh at the last text and turn off the lights. I climb under my bed sheets and reply to my streaks. I notice the fire emoji is nonexistent beside Dylan's name. I know it's just a streak and it's a dumb reason to be angry but i'm honestly upset as to why he's been ignoring me. I decide its not worth thinking about, and head to bed.

——————

*Phil's Birthday*

I fix my makeup and unplug my phone from my charger as I wait for T and Kayla to pick me up. Although most of the boys said they can't make it to Phil's birthday, I still wanted to be there with Phil and make it a birthday he won't forget. He is my best friend after all. Mat and Dani had to head back to BC for a family emergency, and they have classes on Monday so they can't make it tonight.

T: Come outside

Cae: omw

"My bestie looks hot tonight!" Kayla smirks as I jump into the back seat. T looks over his shoulder and grins. "Dressing to impress someone?" I give him a blank face and ignore his question. Kay hands me the aux cord and I plug in my iphone. I play Ignition by R. Kelly, and Kay and I sing along. "Ya, I don't feel safe when you drive like this." T jokes. The drive to Phil's house doesn't take long. Once we arrive, T and Kayla ditch me which is no surprise. Everyone is either drunk are tipsy considering we arrived late to the party. I say hi to everyone I know before heading to the kitchen to get a drink. "Phil! Happy Birthday!" I yell when I see his familiar face. Phil grins and makes his way towards me, engulfing me in a friendly hug. "You made it!" He laughs. "Ya. Sorry for arriving late, I got caught up with stuff." I try to explain. "No worries. Thanks for coming." He smiles. "Did you get my gift?" I ask. He nods. "I love it, thanks so much." "How's your night so far?" I ask. "Pretty good. I mean, I do get to spend my birthday with my cool friends." He says. "Aw Phil." I smile putting my hand over my chest. "Hey Phil!" A voice calls. My eyes dart towards the kitchen door to see Kale. "Oh hey smoke show." He calls. I roll my eyes but smile. "Hey veggie man." I laugh. Kale frowns. "That's just mean." "Mind if I steal Phil for a bit?" I shake my head. "Take care of him will ya?" I tell Kale. He nods. "See you around." I head back to the table of beverages and grab a beer. I walk out of the kitchen and notice Kay and T enjoying each other's face on the couch. Not a sight I would like to see. I head downstairs and see some people playing fooseball, and some playing beer pong. I stand aside and drink my beer as I watch Blake, Carter, Jake, and Mitchell play fooseball. "Cae wanna take my place for me while I grab another drink?" Blake asks. "Sure." I shrug. "Cae, I hope you're bomb at this game cause i sure am not." Carter chuckles making me laugh with him. "Oh i'll slay you all." I grin looking over at Mitchell and Jake. "Not intimidated at all." Jake says.

Carter and I end up winning, and Mitchell demanded a rematch which Carter and I had won again. I decided I had enough of the game and I head over to the couch by the beer pong table. I notice Dylan and I am shocked at first because I wouldn't have expected him to show up tonight but here he is with the blonde bimbo at his side. Dylan catches me looking and I quickly look away. After a minute or two, I focus my eyes on the game. Dylan and Kennedy vs Thomas and Victoria. "Need company?" A familiar blonde asks. Mitchell slides into the spot next to me. He looks a pretty sober like me. "Hey." I say, my eyes still focused on the blonde bimbo. Mitchell must notice because he seems shocked too. "What the fuck is she doing here?" He says under his breath. "Cae, i'm sorry about Dylan." "It's not your fault he's a fucking ass." I chuckle. "You look good tonight. I've been hearing you're the smoke show of the party." he grins. "Thanks Mitch. You look nice too." I comment. "Just nice?" He gives me a goofy smile. "Don't push it."

"You have really nice eyes." I blurt, getting caught in his eyes. I blush at my sudden outburst. He smiles. "Thanks." The sexual tension is so overwhelming that someone could cut the tension with a knife in here. Mitchell must sense it as he leans in. He closes the distance between us, and things start getting heated on the couch as we makeout hardcore.