Best Friends

"So we'll see you at practice on Thursday?" Sarah says as we leave freshii.

"Yes you will." I smile

"I don't know if coach mentioned, but every year there's an Opening Athletic Gala for all the varsity teams. I was wondering if you wanna go dress shopping." She asks.

"Yea that would be great. I have to go but i'll see you guys later." I say and start making my way back to campus.

"Wait Caelyn! Give me your number so I can add you to the group chat." Ross yells after me.

After giving them my number, I see that I have 2 missed calls and 3 texts from Mitch and 2 texts from Auston. I quickly call Mitch.

"Mitch, Hi."

"Cae, I've been so worried. You haven't answered my calls or texts. Where have you been. Did something happen back at the dorm. Hymie told me you went back to your dorm after class. You know I don't want you back there, it's not safe for you."

"Mitch, Jesus. Calm down. The last time I checked, you're not my dad or my brother so stop worrying about me. I had practice. Incase you forgot, I am a varsity track athlete. And I can go back to the dorm if I want to. I paid for it with my money so I am going to make good use of it!"

I am beyond furious. Mitch has no right to tell me what to do.

"Do you want Mitchell or Dylan to hurt you again? They can hunt you down in to your dorm in your sleep! I want the best for y-"

"No stop. If you want the best for me, then you will leave me the fuck alone!" I end the call.

I jog back to my dorm with all my things and decide to take a shower before hitting the books.

———————————————-

I wake up to a loud knock on my door. My eyes open wide as I realize I fell asleep while studying. My mind floods with memories of what happened last night.

"Go away Mitch!" I groan.

"It's Auston."

I sigh before looking in the reflection. My hair is messy, and my breath smells like shit. I quickly pull my hair into a messy bun and throw a mint in my mouth before heading to my door in my pajamas.

"What do you want?" I ask him.

"Good morning to you too!" Auston chirps.

"I'm really not in the mood right now Auston. Seriously." I say. He sighs and takes a seat on my chair.

"We have bio in 30 minutes." he checks his watch.

"I called you 3 times and you didn't pick up. I wanted to make sure you didn't die or something." he adds. I roll my eyes.

"I'm fine."

"What's with the attitude? Is it your time of month?" Auston asks.

"Auston no. Stop bothering me and let me sleep. Please leave."

I feel my bed dip and I groan. "The door is that way." I say pointing towards my door. Auston doesn't move.

"I'm not letting you skip class." He sighs.

"Don't you have someone else to annoy? Like Mitch?"

"Mitch left early for class. He never leaves early so i don't know what his problem is." He says. Auston looks at me as I bite my lip.

"Am I missing something here?"

"Nope." i say.

"I know Mitch was worried last night. He kept asking if I knew where you were.... Was it you he was on the phone with?" Auston asks, and I sigh.

"He was so mad last night after that phone call. He was really worried you know."

"Auston, I don't care." I reply.

"Mitch cares about you. Like a lot."

"Ew, he has a girlfriend." I state.

"Not like that. You're like a sister to him. "You guys clearly need to talk things out."

"I don't want to." I frown looking at him.

"You guys are best friends. Come on, please Cae. Do it for me." Auston pleads with puppy eyes.

"Fine. I'll do it." I huff.

"Great!" He hugs me.

"Give me 20 minutes to get ready and then we can go." I say.

"Okay. I'm gonna take a nap right here. Wake me up when you're done."

"Maybe I won't." I smirk at him.

"You wouldn't!"

I laugh as I grab some things I need for the bathroom to get ready for class.