Ice Cream

*Picture from left to right: Emma, Kayla, Dahlia*

Dylan's POV

"Cae wake up!" I poke at her face making her groan. "It's 8:20." I expect her to climb out of bed but she buries herself closer into my chest. "Cae come on." Still not moving. I sigh. "I'll make you breakfast." I say. She looks at me with a smile on her face. "Okay." she replies and jumps out of bed. I chuckle. I grab my phone and head to her kitchen. I decide to make pancakes. Hopefully she will like them. I search her cupboards for flour, milk, egg, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Once I find the ingredients, I mix them in a bowl and pour it into a pan. While they cook, I play some music from my phone. Once the side looks done I flip, then plate, and repeat.

"Mm it smells so good." Caelyn says snaking her arms around my waist. I turn away from the stove and smile at her. She's wearing my Otters sweater, which I don't mind because she looks so small and cute wearing it. "Nice sweater." I smirk. "It's really comfortable." she smiles. "You're so cute." She glares at me. "No i'm not." "Yes you are." I carry the two plates with stacked pancakes to the kitchen table. "These are really good." she moans. "Thanks." "Who knew you could cook." she laughs. "I am the best cook." I challenge. I continue to eat my pancakes and hear the sound of a picture being taken.

Caelyn's POV

I snapchat a pic of the cooked pancakes and Dylan with the caption Get you a best friend who makes you breakfast and send it to the hockey group. "Who are you sending that to?" Dylan asks. "You'll see. I need to get ready, do you think you could give me a lift?" "I don't have the car." he frowns. "It's fine, i'll ask Kayla for a ride. Maybe you and T can do something today." I suggest. "Sounds like a good idea." he smiles. I head upstairs to change and get ready for school. I put on boyfriend jeans and I keep Dylan's sweater on. I put on my timberlands and grab all my school stuff. "Kayla's here." Dylan calls. I run downstairs and pull on my goose jacket. "We're going to be late Cae!" Kayla yells from her car. Dylan grabs my hand and pulls me to the back seats of her car. "Morning Cae." T greets and I smile replying with a good morning. "What? Do I not get a good morning greeting?" Dylan asks offended, and we laugh. "Good morning Dylan and Caelyn!" Kayla laughs. "Did you stay the night?" T asks Dylan and he nods. "T why can't you cook breakfast for me like Dylan does for Cae." Kayla jokes. "Because.." T says. "Worst boyfriend of the year." I joke earning a death glare from T. "So T, do you wanna hang out after we drop them off?" Dylan asks T. "Sure. Let's ask Mitch and Mike if they wanna do something with us." T answers from the drivers seat. "Have fun at school losers." T says pulling up at the front door. I flip him off and climb over Dylan to get out of the car. "We'll pick you guys up." Dylan whispers and I nod. Kayla grabs my hand and we walk to Physics. "What did Dylan say?" she smirks. "What?" I ask confused. "He whispered something to you before you got out of the car." she says. "Oh he said we'll pick you guys up." We sit down at an empty desk. "I thought he would have said something cute." she says and I roll my eyes. "So did you guys like do anything last night? Did you guys sleep in the same bed?" "We cuddled and I fell asleep okay? Chill." I reply. "Aw, you're wearing his sweater." she teases. "Shut up, he gave it to me. It's comfortable." The teacher walks in and yells at us to be quiet and listen to her lesson.

Taylor's POV (T)

"He gave her his favourite sweater?" I say. Mike and Mitch look at Dylan shocked. "What? The grey Otters one?" Mike asks in disbelief. Dylan nods annoyed. "Wow, you must really like her then." Mitch says. "I don't like her in that way, she's my best friend." Dylan says. "Phil is her best friend." I correct. "Well, Phil is out of the picture at the moment." Dylan says. "Can we just go?" Dylan asks. We leave the 360 restaurant and head to the second floor outside where we can look out from the CN tower. "How are things with you and Kayla?" Mike asks. "We're good. She makes me happy." Mitch and Dylan smile. "I'm glad she makes you happy." Mitch says. "I don't know how I'm gonna handle the long distance shit when we head back for Erie." I look at Dylan. "You guys will work things out. Have you mentioned it to her at least?" "Um, no." I frown. "Dude, you better tell her soon or things are going to end badly." Mike says, and I agree with him. "I know. I was planning on taking her out after school, so I guess i'll talk to her then." I say. "How bout you Stromer?" Mitch asks. "What about me?" Dylan looks confused. "You and Caelyn. Are you going to miss her? Have you told her yet?" Mitch says. "Bro, we're not even dating." Dylan groans and Mitch rolls his eyes. "Well, have you?" "Kind of. Like she knows i'm leaving soon, I just haven't told her exactly what day." he replies.

Dylan's POV

"Hey Stromer, I think your phone's ringing." Mitch says. I lean across the couch and reach for my phone on the table. "Hey Collin, what's up?" I ask confused why he's calling. "Hey man. I just called to let you know that Jake and I are going to set up the lake house tomorrow morning. We were wondering if you and some of your friends wanted to come up and decorate the house for Connor and Caelyn." He rambles. "Yea sure. Let me just check with the boys. One sec..." I cover the mic with my hand and turn to the boys. "Hey guys? Caelyn's brother asks if we want to head up to his lake house tomorrow to morning to set thing up for the weekend." I say. "I'm down." Mitch says. "Same." Mike replies. "I'm in. Oh and also ask in the group chat." Taylor adds. I put the phone back against my ear. "We're in." I tell Collin. "Sweet. See y'all tomorrow, i'll text you the address. Oh and don't tell Caelyn or Connor. I know Caelyn doesn't have school on Friday, that's why we're going up tomorrow." Collin says. "Alright, thanks. See you soon. Bye!" I end the call and open up the private group chat minus Caelyn and Connor.

STROMER: Who wants to head up to the lake house tomorrow with Collin and set up for this weekend?

BARZIE: MEEEE

MITCHY STEPHENS: Count me in!

PHIL: Down

DYL: You back? @Phil

TOMMY: We're on the bus to TO rn

MATHIEU: Yea!

KALE: I miss you guys!!!!

PHIL: Aw I miss my fav veggie ^

T: Lmao go home

STEPH: Dani and I will go tomorrow!

DANI: Yes!

DYL: K I think that's enough of us. I'll send the address in the chat once Collin texts it to me. Thanks for volunteering guys!

"Dylan it's time to pick up the girls." T shouts coming into the family room. "Can we come?" Mitch asks. "No, there's not enough room in my car." T says. "Mitch, Mike, you guys are gonna have to leave. I'm not letting you guys stay in my house while i'm not in it. For all I know, you could burn down the house." I tell them. Mitch scoffs and mumbles a whatever. "Thanks for hanging out today. See you guys tomorrow." Mike waves as him and Mitch leave my house. "Ready?" T asks. "Yup." I jump into the passenger seat and T sits in the drivers seat. "

Cae's POV

Dylan convinced me to go out for ice cream to keep him company since he did not want to third wheel while Kayla and T are being all coupley. "What do you want?" Dylan asks pulling out his wallet. "I can pay." I insist. "No. I told you to stay out with me so i'm going to pay." Dylan says. "Oh no not this again." T rolls his eyes and I huff. "Fine." I sigh in defeat. I get the chocolate chip cookie dough lactose free ice cream for myself, and Dylan gets cookies n' cream. "Thanks." I smile, and he grins. "It's nice out, wanna go for a walk?" He asks, and I nod. "We'll be back." I tell Kayla and T. "Take as long as you need." T says. Dylan and I leave Baskin-Robbins and I lead him to a park. "How do you know this place?" Dylan asks. "You know I live down the street right? I always come here." I say. "We could walk back to yours after so T doesn't have to drive us." He suggests and I nod in agreement. "So what do you usually do here?" I pull him to the bench. "I come here to clear my mind and reflect." I say while eating my ice cream. "Do you miss your family?" I ask. "A bit. I mean, i'm pretty much used to it now. I'm sure they are too. And I just saw them like last week. How about you?" He says. "Well my sister won't be back until her reading week, and my parents aren't going to be back until next week. And Collin lives in LA. Thanks for spending so much time with me, it's helped me forget how lonely it is in my house." I tell Dylan making him grin. "I love spending time with my best friend."

Dylan's POV

For the past hour Cae and I have been playing in the playground as she insisted. "Cae, come on. It's getting late." I shout. I watch as she sits at the top of the slide preparing to slide down. I take a picture of her and save it to my camera roll. She slides down and runs towards me. "Are you high on sugar?" I laugh. "No." She giggles, and grabs my hand pulling me in the direction of her house. "Maybe ice cream was a bad idea." I shake my head. "I'm tired. Carry me." She says looking at me. I sigh and let her climb onto my back. "Your hair is so fluffy today." Caelyn comments. "Thanks Cae. I made it extra fluffy for you." I joke. "I like it like this." she says playing with my hair. Once I reach her home, I place her back on her feet so she can unlock the door. "Do you want me to leave?" I ask. "Stay." she pouts. "Okay, let me text T to drop of some stuff for me." I say.