Chapter 2: Prince Charming

The kiss lingers on my lips for what feels like forever. Connor is never like that – gentle, caring, and loving. I have never blamed him for any of it. If you'd meet his parents, you'd see where he gets it from.

But that...

The lights make me dizzy, or maybe it was the kiss, I can't tell.

I fight my way through the crowd once again in order to get away. I finally find a seat at the top of the wooden staircase that is luckily abandoned for the time being. I hear a few voices from behind me in the upstairs, but I ignore them.

Now that my boyfriend is MIA, I can think about what I'm going to do when I come face-to-face with the person I didn't think I'd have to see again.

He's been at Military school for the past two years. Two years of no trouble and no tricks. Also two years of wondering what was going through his mind.

Having walked in on him kissing another girl while the two of us were dating, you can imagine how the last two years of my life have been. Always wondering why, or what did I do? I wasn't able to ask those questions because the very next day he was sent off to military school, his parents moved closer the school to keep an eye on him as well. I guess the whole family is back.

I can't remember now what I had said when I caught him, but I know they were awful. The girl ran and hid in the corner, probably waiting for some WWE action between Will and me.

I remember feeling bad for what I had said and the way he looked at me as I said them. He never tried to stop me as I spat ugly things. I never figured why. I also never found out who the girl was. I hope I never do.

The next day I was told that there had been a boat set on fire by the dock Will and I used to go to all the time. Apparently it was his fault – it was classified as an accident until they found a piece of Will's clothing. After all the shenanigans Will had pulled before, the local cops didn't hesitate to do anything about it.

So, I haven't seen him since.

I don't want to be at this party anymore. I wanted to find Connor, but that has proved to be impossible, though I haven't tried too hard. He shouldn't have disappeared like that.

I stand and start to walk down the stairs until I notice the plastic golden crown setting on top of his head. I run down the rest of the steps and grab his hand after I find it. I jerk him out of the crowd with a groan escaping my lips.

Connor is the fullback on the football team and a star javelin thrower on the track team at Beverly High School. His muscles don't look gigantic, but they feel that way.

My stature of five-foot-five is nothing compared to his six-foot-two. He staggers into me, almost knocking both of us onto the floor. Luckily a wall stopped us.

"Connor," I say, hoping he isn't completely out of it already.

He looks at me and smiles. "I thought you were mad at me." Beads of sweat collect on his forehead and I can barely smell the mint left in his breath.

He props a hand against the wall so he's hovering over me.

"I'm over it," I whisper in attempt not to breathe in anymore of his intoxicated air than necessary. "Are you drunk?"

"No babe," he protests, hanging his head low. He lifts it back up with a smile. "Okay, maybe a little."

"Connor..."

There is no possible way he could have kissed me the way he did while drunk. He probably can't even navigate through these people. I must have been dreaming when he kissed me. I wanted it so bad that I imagined it right up.