A Thousand Reasons

So, I've decided not to add an epilogue to this story because I love the way it ended. I think it brought a nice closure to the end of the Jessa and Will's story! Thank you for sticking around and reading it, it means the world to me!

This is my newest story which also happens to be the beginning of a series! I'm so excited to write it all! Below is the first chapter of A Thousand Reasons is down below so I hope you take the time to read it!

A few chapters have been or will be uploaded so go to my page and you'll find A Thousand Reasons! Or you could just look up the title! :)

Here's the description:

"He brought light into one of my darkest days once, and I couldn't even notice he had turned his lights off."
____

Sawyer Raines only wants to help the sweet, kind, and caring boy who had once helped her.

The problem is, Travis Shay isn't that same boy.

After trying to end his so called perfect life, Travis Shay finds himself at the end of his rope. What he didn't expect was to be saved by his best friend and on top of that, be saved again by a girl he barely knows.

With Sawyer's rough past full of different foster homes and repeatedly broken hearts, she somehow finds the strength inside her that was always there to save Travis.

Sawyer has to bring light back into Travis's darkness using one special trick - but will Travis allow her to? And will her world return to that same darkness?

This is the first book in the Lost & Found series.

ONE

"We don't have any other way to tell you this, Sawyer..."

They sat me down right after I finished getting ready for school. I clutch the throw pillow against my side as I sink further down into the couch.

I've heard it all before. I've seen that look; the one that says I hope you can forgive us someday... but we have send you back into the system.

But they would never say it like that.

"Okay" is always my response. I nod my head to everything they say and comply with their every word. Yes, I will keep my head up. Yes, I will forgive you eventually. Yes, I will remember that the right family is out there for me.

And then I push myself up, give them each a hug, and smile like I hadn't just had my heart crushed.

I head back the hallway to the room I've been living in for the past three months. It's the same room that I sat in and prayed to God that this would be my forever home; that I would never have to learn everything about another set of foster parents again.

I guess this wasn't the plan.

Once I get to school, I try to hold my head high as my classmates pass me. We're all still practically strangers except for the ones I've done group projects with.

It should be easier now. I should be used to this by now after being rejected at least five times in the last five years. I have a feeling that this will be my life. It's not going to get easier.

"Are you okay?" Someone asks me. I'm staring off into space and quickly bring myself back down to earth.

My face must be scrunched up in anger and frustration. I force myself to relax as I look up at him.

Travis Shay: Baseball player, popular (of course), and sweetest person you'll ever talk to.

My face heats up while I rack my brain for something to say. I shake my head and look down at my feet. What am I supposed to say? I know that isn't going to be good enough to get him to go away, though.