[02]

RICKY
morning Landry Bender.
you're probably still asleep.
bc it's 5:30 in the morning.
but I have a 6 am call time.
and I'm really really really bored.
and both my band members aren't here yet.
and I'm all alone.
so all I can do is text you.
well I guess there's other people I can text.
but I want to text you.
even though I know you won't answer.
never mind emery just got here
oh wait you don't know who that is
well emery's one of my band members and best friends.
he's a relatively cool dude.
you should meet him.
well you should probably meet me first lol.
anyway.
sorry for spamming.
text me when u wake up if u wanna.
and I really hope you wanna.
bc I really like texting you.
so yaaaaaa.
ok goodbye.
delivered at 5:48 am

"Bro, I can't do this I need at least five more hours of sleep," Emery mumbles groggily. He trudges over to Ricky and takes a seat next to him on one of the recording studio couches.

Ricky nods in agreement, feeling too exhausted to mumble back an actual response.

"Anyway, what are you doing on there that had you smiling like an idiot when I walked in?" Emery inquires gesturing to his friend's phone with a suggestive smirk on his face assuming that he was watching porn.

Too tired to remember what he was doing seconds before, Ricky glances at his phone. A small smile creeps up on to his lips when he notices Landry's name at the top of his screen but he quickly gets rid of it knowing that Emery's watching him intently.

"Nothing," Ricky says simply shrugging it off although he's well aware that Emery isn't buying the bullshit he's throwing. Honestly he didn't expect him to. Deep down he knows that Emery's smarter than he and Liam give him credit for.

"Don't think I didn't notice you smile again like two seconds ago when you looked over at your phone."

"Dude, its honestly nothing I'm just texting some girl," Ricky attempts to explain as nonchalantly as possible, however Ricky is incapable of being nonchalant causing the smirk on Emery's face to return with a vengeance.

"Ooh—"

"Em, it's not like that I don't even know her," he continues to explain cutting Emery off from the torment he knew he was about to receive."

"You don't know her?" he questions with a look of confusion on his face and Ricky shakes his head. "Is she like a fan or something?" He then shrugs his shoulders not really knowing the answer to that particular question.

"I don't know but I don't think so," he infers due to the fact that he's received no reaction when he mentioned his name to her "She's just some girl I accidentally texted last night. It's no big deal though, you know I'd tell you if it was."

If you say so," Emery mumbles however he sounds very unconvinced.

Though Ricky believes that he has no reason to be unconvinced as him and Landry are just friends though you probably couldn't even call it that.

He's simply intrigued by her. Nothing more, nothing less.

//

short chapter so you can see a bit into Ricky's perspective in the beginning stages of this