[03]

LANDRY
who in their right mind wakes up at 5 am?

RICKY
Look who finally woke up.
5 hours later...

LANDRY
well not everyone wakes up as early as u do
what do u mean call time?
who was even calling you that early ?
if someone called me that early I'd tell them to fuck off then go back to sleep

RICKY
lmao no one called me
6 am was the call time for today's session of my album recording.
me and my band are working on our second album.
I can assure you that it's way better than the first one although i doubt you've even heard the first one.

LANDRY
woah your band's actually legit?
when you said you were in a band I thought you meant that you and a couple of your friends attempt to make music in a garage like 99% of high school bands

RICKY
nah.
we're actually a big deal.

LANDRY
hmm ya sure
I doubt you're a BIG deal bc if you were I'd probably know who you are
But i don't

RICKY
okay.
big deal may have been an exaggeration.
we're pretty irrelevant.
except for a few appearances on the Disney Channel.

LANDRY
LMAOO
IM CRYING
THIS IS HILARIOUS
YOURE IN ONE OF THOSE GOD AWFUL DISNEY CHANNEL BANDS

RICKY
well I like to think we're not that bad...
but ya that's us.

LANDRY
lol my sister's obsessed with those types of stuff
aha I'm friends with a Disney celebrity
pretty lame, but also pretty cool
but mostly pretty lame

LAME DISNEY CELEBRITY
stop dissing.
😑😑😑
and so we're friends now.
🙂🙂🙂

LANDRY
I guess friends is an appropriate label for this odd situation
even though your a lame Disney celebrity

LAME DISNEY CELEBRITY
omg I've known you less than a day and youre already dissing my career. 😐
im glad though.
I don't have many real friends.
I just got fake people showing fake love to me.

LANDRY
Wow that was deep
actually that wasn't deep
that was Drake
it took me a few seconds to realize that
but I don't have any friends lol

LAME DISNEY CELEBRITY
oh good I thought I'd have to defriend you if you didn't get that drake reference.
What?
how don't you have friends.

LANDRY
I'm very pop cultured... ish...

LAME DISNEY CELEBRITY
ish.

LANDRY
and well I've been home-schooled all my life
haven't really been out into the real world to make real friends
my family are my friends
oh wait I take that back that sounds so very lame

LAME DISNEY CELEBRITY
so ur one of those home school weirdos?

LANDRY
better then being a lame Disney celebrity

LAME DISNEY CELEBRITY
touché, Landry Bender.
touché.

//

After throwing her phone onto one of the many messy piles of clothes residing on top her my twin bed, Landry proceeds to skip over to her little sister Natalie's room.

She silently prays that Natalie won't spaz at her for entering her room like she typically does. She's rather temperamental for a nine-year old. Actually scratch that, all nine-year olds are pretty temperamental.

"Hey Nat?" Landry questions as she peers into the child's room. She finds her laying on her bed, playing some tedious kid games on her iPad.

At a first glance, the two sisters are polar opposites. There's Landry with her straight brown hair and dark eyes which she inherited from her dad. Then there's Natalie, who has golden hair that resembles beachy waves and blue eyes like their mom. If you saw them walking in the street you probably would not even believe the two are related.

But personality wise they were one in the same. Both loud, annoying individuals who had no problem respectfully speaking their minds no matter who they were talking to. Their parents just raised them that way.

In this moment the nine year-old looked uncharacteristically peaceful. Landry then deciphers that she is in a decent mood so she chooses to enter as the chance of being spazzed at has now lessened.

"Uh huh," she mumbles not looking up at her older sister. Children these days are so engrossed in technology, Landry thinks to herself. Although, that's a pretty hypocritical remark for her to make as she too is guilty of this behaviour.

"Do you know of a guy named Ricky Garcia?" Landry inquires causing Natalie to immediately gasps. She finally turns to look over at her, now interested in the topic at hand.

"Do you mean Ricky Garcia from Forever in Your Mind?" Natalie exclaims and Landry shrugs confusedly not knowing what the name of Ricky's band is. She then realizes that she probably should've asked that to begin with.

"Um I don't know maybe?" she states but it comes out sounding more like a question. "If that's a name of a band then I think so?" she adds, quizzically scratching the back of her head.

"Well obviously it's a name of a band, come here," Natalie urges her over patting on a spot on her bed next to her for me to sit down.

On her ipad she pulls up his instagram page and low and behold it's the Ricky that Landry had been texting for about a night and a morning.

He has almost 800 thousand followers which means he really is as big of deal as he first said he was.

"Is this the guy you meant?" Natalie questions and Landry nods her head.

"Ya that's him," she mumbles mindlessly, still scrolling through his Instagram page.

He has many selfies as well of pictures of his band members. He even has a few videos that feature singing and although she won't admit it, she knows that he's actually pretty good.

For the next 20 minutes Natalie informs her sister on basically every detail about Ricky Garcia his band Forever in your mind..

"How did you hear about him?" she questions suspiciously after about a half an hour of Ricky stalking. "You have no social media and you wouldn't watch the Disney Channel if your life depended on it.

"Don't worry about it, it's a long story," Landry shrugs not really wanting to get into it with Natalie. If she found out Landry has been texting him she would never leave her alone. In this past 20 minutes she's discovered that the roots of her sister's Forever in your Mind obsession run deep so she figured it's best to keep her out of the loop for now anyway.

//

no offence towards Disney celebs and homeschool kids lol

double update bc I was in a writing mood today