[09]

RICKY
Hey baby.

This was definitely not a text I was expecting to see upon rolling over to my nightstand and checking my phone at 9:30 am. I had to take a few moments and just stare at it in hopes of understanding why Ricky felt in his heart to send me this particular message 3 hours ago. After staring at it for at least 10 minutes, she decides that simply looking at this extremely unordinary text was in fact not getting her anywhere.

LANDRY
Im just gonna pretend like you never said that...

RICKY
Well youre gonna have to get used to texts like this darling.

LANDRY
please enlighten me to why that is person who's calling me uncharacteristic pet names

RICKY
bc I have to make you fall in love with me remember.
you're not just magically gonna fall in love with me if I put no effort into this.

LANDRY
oh yeah, that
you do know that's not actually gonna happen right???

RICKY
I'm actually rather optimistic about this little experiment of ours.

LANDRY
Aw Ricardo, how are you so filled with false hope?

RICKY
I don't know babe.

LANDRY
You really need to stop that

RICKY
You and I both know that's not gonna happen.

LANDRY
How unfourtunate.
How's you're first day in London and going??

RICKY
It's alright.
But I miss you.

LANDRY
you've never even met me dipshit!!

RICKY
Well I miss being in the same time zone as you.

LANDRY
Well I'm actually enjoying the break from you're constant flow of texts caused by this wonderful 8-hour time difference

RICKY
Liar.
You highly enjoy  talking to me.

LANDRY
You're a cocky one Ricardo

RICKY
But you love me anyway.

LANDRY
Eh

RICKY
Wow.
This is the first time you didn't flat out deny loving me.
What a milestone.
This is what I like to call progesss.

LANDRY
Shush I just woke up
I'm too tired for you're shit

After taking a shower and changing out of my pyjamas and into some regular clothing, I begin trudging downstairs upon smelling the glorious scent of coffee.

I'm not surprised to see the all the members of my family downstairs before me. I'm kinda of a late riser compared to the others. But it's only 9:30, I doubt that the majority of American families are awake this morning.

"Look who's finally awake," my older brother Brooklyn chuckles.

"Well I'm sorry I don't wake up at the crack of dawn like you weirdos," I retort with no emotion taking my usual seat at the table in between my brother and sister.