[20]

2 weeks

Yet for both Landry and Ricky it felt like an eternity. Ricky was still upset over Landry's close friendship with Adam while Landry was angry at the fact that Ricky believed he could just shut her out of his life abruptly for no reason.

Both secretly wanted to just message the other and apologize but the two kids happened to be very stubborn, neither wanting to be the first to  swallow their pride and break the ice.

2 weeks

That's how long it took Ricky to realize how silly he was being. He loved this girl... scratch that. Love may be a bit to strong of word to describe feelings for someone you've never met but he sure as hell liked her, he liked her a lot. Point is he wasn't just gonna let her go over something as idiotic as his own insecurities and it took 2 weeks but he decided it was finally time to message her.

ASSHOLE
So how's school?

LANDRY
you ignore me for 2 weeks and figure it'll all be ok just by asking me "how's school"

Of course Ricky knew that simple question wouldn't be enough to fix things between him and Landry. He just needed something to get the conversation started and frankly couldn't think of anything else. Although in hindsight, he realizes that he probably should've taken more time to dwell on a better opening phrase so the conversation could've possibly gotten off to a less rocky start.

Taking a deep breath he decides to go all in and hope for the best. He reluctantly proceeds to click on Landry's contact then hit the little camera button that initiates the FaceTime. The nervous feeling going through his veins lasts no more than 7 seconds, as 7 seconds later he discovers that Landry declined his facetime request.

LANDRY
why do you even think for a second that I'd consider talking to you

ASSHOLE
because I want to apologize.

LANDRY
For what being a giant dipshit??

ASSHOLE
for precisely that.

LANDRY
duly noted

ASSHOLE
lanny just hear me out.

LANDRY
give me one reason why I should??

ASSHOLE
Bc I love you

//

Tell me how you think the next chapter is gonna go I'm curious to what's going through your minds :)

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me oh and check out my cyldo story called "back to you"