[07]

New York City at night was quite the sight through the eyes of Ricky. It amazed him how somewhere could have so much life at 1 o'clock in the morning.

Times Square was unlike anything he's ever seen before.

Pulling out his phone out of his pocket, he realizes that due to his busy schedule today he hasn't found the time to text Landry since he's woken up this morning. He's careful he to face his screen away from the direction of his rather nosy best friend Emery. He was sitting in the seat beside him and Ricky realizes that upon seeing the name Landry at the top of his phone screen he'd surely receive a knowing look. 

Pondering on what to say to begin the conversation with the girl who's been resting in the back on his mind for the duration of the day. After a good five minutes of thinking up the perfect text he gives up deciding that he can't go wrong with the simplistic greeting we all use on the daily.

RICKY
hey.

LANDRY
we've been talking for a month now and I think that was the first time either of us had ever used an actual greeting
this is such a milestone
ill celebrate with eating cake

RICKY
I don't think this milestone is cake worthy

LANDRY
Shush, I just want a reason to eat cake

Of course Landry isn't like that average girl. Most girls would just say hey back, but Landry Bender does not fit into the category of most girls

RICKY
typical lan with the observations.
and that's because greetings are for suckers.

LANDRY
observations are kinda my thing
and if you think greetings are for suckers why did you use one?

RICKY
because...
I'm a sucker for you.
:)

LANDRY
omg
you need to be stopped
I can't handle you
I actually hate you

RICKY
I think you've told me that a good thousand times.

LANDRY
and I've meant it every time I've said it

RICKY
Nah

LANDRY
Yah

RICKY
nah.
you looooove me.

LANDRY
no Ricardo
I really do not

RICKY
yeah you do.
you loooove me.

Ricky smiled to himself as he sent that last text. He's always been scared to push the boundaries with someone as rambunctious as Landry, even if it's just in a joking way. Her responses could really go any way. But, that's  supposedly  one of the things he loves most about Landry. She's unpredictable, he never knows what crazy response he'll get from her. It keeps things insteresting.

LANDRY
I'm afraid that would scientifically be impossible

RICKY
How so.

LANDRY
Scientifically speaking it's impossible to love  or even have romantic feelings someone you've never even met.

Ricky immediately knew that this statement was false but he had no way of proving it without exposing himself to the girl he's found himself fascinated with over the past month.

Yes, he's never met her, never got to take in the essence of her appearance in person but that didn't really matter to Ricky. He knew her, he knew her likes, her dislikes, and how to really push her buttons. Most importantly, he knew that he was at his happiest when he was texting her and to Ricky that's all that really mattered.

RICKY
I'd classify that more as an opinion than a fact.

LANDRY
I like to think it's a little bit of both

RICKY
it seems you want to get scientifical with me
so id like to point out that your hypothesis has not yet been proven.

LANDRY
Well you're right
I have not yet conducted the experiment
But I will

RICKY
Will you now.

LANDRY
Yes I will
So starting right now
I happen to conduct experiments more often than you'd believe

RICKY
If I can make you fall in love with me I win.

LANDRY
Well i wouldn't use the word win
you would've have just proved my hypothesis wrong

RICKY
Sounds do able.

LANDRY
I'm not worried as I know this is quite impossible

RICKY
Game on Laundry.

//

Double update since it's been forever since I've updated !!!