Chapter 17

Sophies POV

I notice my eyes start to open slowly and all I see is a bright light. It's the ceiling. As soon as I realise I'm in a hospital, I start looking around to see if I can find anything. A lady in a suit walks in and looks surprised at the fact that I'm awake. She walks over to me and says softly.

"Hello. I'm nurse Loveday. How are you feeling?" She says lifting up some papers and searching through them.

"Umm, alright I guess. My head hurts a bit. What happened to me?"

"There was a bit of an accident in a car. I'm not the one to fully tell you in detail, but that's the main point. I have to go but I will be back to check on you later." She says everything so warmly, it does make me feel a bit better.

"Ok, I will."

I then turn my head and see a window. I start to stare out into the distance and see mainly see some palm trees, bushes, lampposts... typical things. I hear some people talking outside my door and then they walk in.  A middle aged couple and a young lad.

"Sophie darling, how are you feeling?"

"Sophie I am so so sorry I-, it was an accident, I understand if you don't want to be with me anym-..."

I see the other man cut him of and walk over to me and get on his knees.

"Sophie, everything is going to be ok, trust me you will be fine." I see his eyes start to well up and a tear run down his face.

"Ummm, thanks. But who are you all?"