Chapter 30

Sophies POV

I go and sit down on the sun lounger with an ice cold lemonade in my hand and stare out into the pool and watch James swim. He swims his way towards me and gets out shivering. I grab a towel next to me and get up and wrap him with it. He smiles at me and we both sit down next to each other under the umbrella. He turns to me and smiles.

"Sophie, you have the most amazing smile." He says to me and I can't help but giggle.

"Why don't you come for a swim? You must be roasting in that tshirt, and I'm sure the jeans aren't helping either." I smile at him.

"I will, in a while."

"Okayyy, but your the one missing out, it's a bit cold but it feels so refreshing." He gets up and rushes back to the ginormous pool chucking his towel on the floor without a care on his way there. I giggle at him and take a sip of my lemonade and watch him swim around like a dolphin, then drifting off into a deep sleep.

*

I'm woken up by water dripping down on my face. I slowly open my eyes and come to find James standing over me smiling. I get up and rub my face, trying to look as annoyed as possible.

"Jeez how hard is it to get some sleep around here?" He giggles at me and I giggle back. I stand up dramatically still trying to keep this act up.

"Well, I asked you a question."

"Apparently very hard." He giggles at me and he's dripping wet. He starts to walk up to me slowly and I can't figure out what he's playing at.

"Want a hug?"

"Oooh no get away from me!" I say dashing off. He slowly follows me but walking carefully making it very obvious he doesn't want to slip. I end up running into a dead end and he slowly walks up to me with his arms out.

"Come on you love my hugs."

"No, no no no noo!" I say as he hugs me. I burst out laughing as I get soaked by this squishy cuddle. He laughs back and he won't let me go. I laugh and look him in the eyes and he leans in and kisses me. He puts his hands around my waist and everything feels perfect. But somethings different. His hands aren't shaking, they are completely still. When the kiss is over before I get a chance to say anything he jumps in.

"Sophie, my hands-" he says lifting them up and staring at them. "They're not shaking!"

"James! What am I going to do I'm gonna miss your shaky little hands."

"You'll get over it."

We smile at each other and theres silence for a split second before James breaks it.

"I love you Sophie."

"I love you too James."