15

A whole week flew by quickly. Misery was what Katora felt throughout that entire week. Even though Chantelle was there at night ,she felt lonely during the day . Chantelle popped up in the midst of her sleeping at night and left in the morning before she woke up .

It crossed her mind many times that Chantelle was ignoring her but she paid it no mind. The times they would actually find time to have a conversation it would end up being an unpleasant one since that Chantelle would start an argument for no apparent reason.

Everything was fine until that day She told Shyanne that Katora wasn't available because they had things to do. When Chantelle left for work Katora thought that she was going to come back So that they could actually go somewhere , but to Katora's utter disappointment Chantelle didn't come back until she had fallen asleep .

Katora wasn't taking Chantelle on though. She was just ready to get this money and put the shattered pieces of her life back together.

"Morning ,"Katora greeted after stepping foot into the establishment.

Some of the workers greeted her back and some didn't.

"Why are you so happy though?" Shyanne asked with a smile as Katora approached her.

"I don't see any reason to not be happy," she replied.

"I'm glad to see you happy ."

Katora gave Her a closed mouth smile as a response.

"So..." Shyanne trailed off as she leaned against her stall with her hands folded.

"Why are you giving me that look?" Katora asked.

"No reason at all. So....Chantelle? "

Katora frowned,"What about her?

"I was just a bit surprised to see her at your apartment, so early in the morning."

"I could tell by the look on your face."

"Now I'm thinking something, correct me if I'm wrong . You guys are together."

Katora shook her head no.

Shyanne stared at her for a moment before her eyes got wide.

"Dammmn, I didn't know boss was like that. Y'all fucking on the low low. I even smelt something cooking in the kitchen. You go her cooking too!" Shyanne exclaimed but not enough for Anyone but Katora to hear.

"Shhh," Katora tried her best to calm her down ,"It isn't like that.

Shyanne placed her hand under her chin,"Uhuh well tell me wassup then because I see no other explanation."

"I'll talk to you later. Right now I have to go Sign in and see if Chantelle needs anything before starting my regular duties."

"Oh okay. Don't take to long in there because I'll only assume things."

Katora only shook her head before turning and walking away.  She signed in then made her way to Chantelle's office. She knocked on the door a few times before opening it. Chantelle looked up at her waiting for her to say something.

"Good morning. Do you need anything to get done?"

"No."

"I guess I should start doing my regular duties now."

Chantelle looked back down at the papers she had previously set down on the table. Katora to that as a hint and left the room.

*

The rest of the day was boring. The only problem she had was dealing with an angry mother who was arguing over the phone about her fifteen year old daughter receiving a tattoo on her neck two days ago without her consent.