26.

Katora laughed as she continued to chit chat with her Mom. She decided to pay her a visit since her and Chantelle had went out for dinner at a restaurant close by. It gave her the opportunity to inform Her mother about her growing relationship with Chantelle. At the current moment their conversation revolved around Chantelle and Katora's relationship.

"I just knew something was going on between you two, "her momma replied to her previous comment.

"How did you know? "Katora asked munching on a cupcake.

"Well when Chantelle came through the door I saw your facial expression and it Made me wonder what was going on. As I spoke to Shyanne I glanced over at y'all a few times. When you looked at her she was looking away and vice versa. I could literally feel the tension between the two of you . Oh an Shyanne kinda told me. "

"Kinda?

"Yes kinda, "her momma chuckled.

"Wait but if you knew, what was the whole 'wanting Shyanne to be my girlfriend' thing and all that other shit you were going on about? " Katora bit into her cupcake.

"I did that on purpose."

"For what reason though? You made Chantelle flip out ."

"Well.... I was testing the waters to see what was really going on. I knew I would get some sort of reaction ,so I went on and On. She was glaring at me the whole entire time. I was scared for a minute when she shot up ,I thought it was the end for me. "

"That's what you get for being sly, "

"Don't think I didn't see y'all outside. The whole reason y'all together is because of me, "Rosemary pointed to herself, "I might be a bit old, but I think like you Young people. "

"Momma you are the real MVP. Thank you for that, "Katora placed Her cupcake wrapper down on the table and leaned over to hug Her momma.

"Your welcome dear, "Rosemary hugged her back.

After pulling away Katora pushed her chair in and took Up her wrapper. Dumping the wrapper in the trash, she noticed the time on her watch.

"Hey momma! "She called dusting her hands,"I'mma leave now since It's getting late. "

"Alright, " her mother responded.

When she entered the living room Chantelle was seated on the couch with her phone in her hand.

"Let's go, "Katora tapped Her leg.

"God damn, y'all were talking up a storm up in there, "Chantelle mumbled rising up from the couch.

"We weren't talking for more than an hour. "

"More than an hour?"Chantelle repeated ," three hours babe, Three hours. "

Opening the front door Katora allowed Chantelle to open the door for her before stepping out. She told Chantelle that she didn't have to open the door for her all the time, but she insisted saying it's an apology for that time the door hit my face .

On the way to the Car they continued the conversation, but it came to an end when they entered the car. Katora was knocked out like a lamp with her head against the window.

-

When Katora's body jerked forward and she heard the screeching of tires her eyes flew open. Holding her chest she looked over at Chantelle who had brought the car to an immediate stop.

"What the hell just happened?"Katora asked shocked.

Instead of answering Chantelle looked at the empty road in front of her. She could have sworn she saw 'him' standing in the middle of the road.

"Chantelle, "Katora called shaking her shoulder.

"H-huh? "

"What just happened? "

"I um, I thought I saw something ,"Chantelle mumbled gripping the staring wheel.

"Just drive safely so that we can make it home tonight, "Katora rubbed Her eyes as she Yawned.

*

"Come to bed, "Katora said to Chantelle who had been sitting on the couch ever since they got home  .

Chantelle shook her head, "Just go on, I'll be there in a second. "

Frowning Katora walked over to her and stood in front of her.

"Are you okay? "She asked.

"Yeah. " Chantelle kept her head in her hands.

"Come on Chantelle don't lie to me. Can you please tell me what's wrong..... Please? " Katora begged while rubbing her back in soothing motion.

After a moment of silence Chantelle looked up at her.

"Sit down, "She instructed patting the space beside her.

Katora sat down and she began to talk.

"The night we went on our first date I saw someone from my past.  The person I saw was my, Chantelle breathed out,"My rapist,that I thought was in jail. He stood there in the corner of the room watching me and when I blinked he was gone. Tonight again as I drove I saw him standing in the middle of the street. This of course triggered my reaction."

"It was probably just a figment of your imagination.  "

"No it wasn't, "Chantelle replied hurt that she didn't believe Her, "He was there. "

"Baby, You were just being paranoid. No one in their right mind would stand in the street in the middle of the day let alone the night."

"I know what I saw. "Chantelle muttered pushing Katora back so she could stand up.

"Where are you going? "Katora questioned when she walked towards the door.

"To collect my thoughts. "

"Chantelle it's late. Just come to bed. "

Katora grabbed her hand but She yanked it back, "I'll be back. Don't wait up on me.

She pecked Katora on the cheek before leaving out of the apartment.

*

Groaning Katora opened her eyes, closed them and opened them again. Rubbing her eyes Katora sat up in her bed and looked around the room. A scream left her mouth when she spotted the Silhouette sitting on her bed.

"God Chantelle you scared me. "

Chantelle never lifted Her head, instead she kept her head down. Katora nervously bit her lip as she waited for her to say something.

"Baby, "She whispered trying to get her attention.

When she heard Chantelle sniff her heart swelled in her chest.

She crawled towards the end of the bed and took a seat next to her. Grabbing her face in her hands, Katora turned Chantelle's head so that she was Now facing her.

Chantelle's eyes were bloodshot red and low. One single tear rolled down her cheek causing Katora to use the pad of her thumb to wipe it.

Although her eyes were focused on her, Katora could tell that her mind was somewhere else.

"My life is fucked up, "Chantelle finally spoke Now looking at her

"It will be okay ,"Katora said trying to console her.

"What if it -"

Katora pecked Her lips, "No what ifs. Positive thinking is Key. I promise it will be okay.

"Don't make promises you can't keep Katora. "

"I won't break the promise. I'll always be here for you as long as I'm alive .I will never leave hour side, I will never turn my back on you. "

"Never? "Chantelle repeated the word Her eyes never leaving Katora's.

"Never."

Pulling her into a hug Katora laid her head on her shoulder.

"I love you, No matter how fucked up your life is. "

**