28.

Katora stood in the elevator hugging herself. The night was terribly cold which made her think that she should have stayed home. It had been four days since she's seen Chantelle because she hasn't been to work. All she did was remain home and think about her decision. Now that her decision was finally made, she was on her way to tell Chantelle the good news.

When the elevator came to a complete stop, Katora walked out and began to stroll casually to Chantelle's apartment. Katora knocked on the door when she arrived but nobody answered. She pulled out the key that Romania had given to her for emergencies and pushed it in the key hole. Hearing the locks click she pushed open the door.

The room was pitch black, but Katora was able to maneuver her way to the halls. She walked into Chantelle's room and switched the light on but she was not there. She took it upon herself to check Romania's room but she was gone .

As Katora walked down the short hallway she noticed light coming from under the door. She twisted the nub and pushed the door open to find Chantelle drawing with the kitten in her arms. She looked so peaceful but at the same time she looked like something was bothering Her.

"Hey, "Katora greeted lowly when Chantelle looked at her.

Chantelle gave her a simple head nod and continued to draw. Katora walked over to her and stood before her with her cold hands shoved in her pockets.

"I came to tell you that I made my decision. "

"Seen. " Chantelle replied not giving her any attention.

Katora frowned, "Seen? "

"Yeah seen. Go on. " Chantelle urged her to go on.

"I'm going to stay here with you ."

Chantelle looked up at her, reading Her facial expression then looked back down at her drawing. One thing she never was, was a fool.

"Did you hear what I said? "Katora questioned when she didn't respond.

"I heard you. "

"Then say something to me. "

Chantelle looked at her for a brief moment, "What do you want me to say to you? "

Her lips formed a small frown as she watched Chantelle.

"Why are you behaving this way? "she asked.

Chantelle paid her no mind and continued to draw a portrait of her beloved brother.

Feeling aggravated by Chantelle's behavior, Katora folded Her arms.

"Baby."

Chantelle ignored her.

"Chantelle,"she called once more to only be ignored.

All Her attention was focused on the drawing In her lap. Looking at the drawing, Katora bit her bottom lip before snatching the drawing away.

The sudden jerk caused Chantelle to tear the paper in half with the pencil. Looking at the damaged artwork Chantelle felt herself becoming furious. The memory the drawing held had her heart in a lock. It was her brother on the funeral bed. Any damaging of the other drawings could have easily gotten Her angry, but the mere fact that it was her brother brought her to the edge.

Chantelle forcefully grabbed the portrait from her hands and Angrily tossed it to the side Chantelle got up and brushed pass Katora on her way to the door. When she exited the room Katora followed behind her. With every step she took Katora took One to match it.

"Are you going to say something to me? "

Chantelle turned around and Shot her pointed index finger in her face.

"Leave,"She said sternly.

"Not until you say something to me. Why are you behaving this way? " Katora questioned fussed.

"I could see it in your eyes that you are not happy with the decision you made. I know damn well I'm not forcing you to be in a relationship with me, so if you want to fucking go just go. Ain't nobody asked you to be here any way ,"Chantelle snapped.

"Of course I'm not going to be happy. You made me give up college for you! "Katora fussed with her eyebrows knitted together.

Chantelle looked at her like she had gone mad. Pointing to herself, she said, "I made you? I didn't make you do shit. I don't control your god damn brain Katora, "She waved her off, "Fuck outta here. "

Turning around she walked off in the direction of her room. Her body heaved back when Katora grabbed her.

"Stopping fucking grabbing me all the damn time! " Chantelle pushed her off of her.

Katora tried to get a Shot at her again but Chantelle swatted her hand away.

"Leave. Get out of my apartment!"

"I'm not leaving, "Katora said daring Her with her eyes.

Chantelle could not believe what she was hearing. She had allowed all of her recent talk backs to slide ,but she was overdoing it. She seemed to have forgotten the type of Person Chantelle was.

"Get Out !"

"No. "

"Katora don't let me open my mouth One more time. Get out! " Chantelle spat.

Chantelle rushed into her room, grabbed what she needed and made her way back out.

Katora was still standing there.

Shaking her head Chantelle hurriedly walked towards her. Grabbing her by her arm, She pulled Chantelle behind her.

"Stop You're hurting me! "

"You're hurting me too, "Chantelle replied.

She opened the door and shoved Katora outside. Katora looked at her on the verge of crying with hurt in her eyes.

"Stay out and don't fucking come back! " Chantelle yelled prior to slamming the door shut.

**
"She tossed you outside? "Shyanne asked in disbelief.

"Well not exactly tossed, more like pushed ."

"You should've left when she told you to leave in the first place. "

Katora sniffed, "I know but, my stupid ass didn't. "

"I still can't believe that you snatched the drawing from her. That was a foolish mistake, all of this could've been avoided. The moment you sensed something was off about her you should've left. "

"I was just so frustrated. She didn't even care that I picked her. "

"Are you going to change your mind?"Shyanne asked.

"No. The problem well be overcame in the next couple days or so. I would never leave her because I understand why she's this way. I know I called all this on myself. It wouldn't be right if I left over something as simple that. I promised her. Besides this is minor, she's done worse. "

Shyanne looked at her friend that was sadly in love, "Alright then. Be you. Do you. I Could never be you though. "

"That's because you don't understand. " Katora said, rubbing her sore wrist.

"I'm going to bed. It is almost after two a.m. Are you staying or going back over to your apartment? "

"I'm staying. "

"Okay, good luck with the wrist."

Looking down at her wrist Katora sighed at the sight of the Now purple hand print.

"Good night. "

"Sleep tight. "

**
I don't edit, but I know for sure I made mistakes since that I did not sleep at all