32.

Chantelle's  first instinct was to quickly hang up the phone, but before she could he spoke again.

"Don't even think about hanging up the phone. I suggest that you listen keenly."

Letting out a deep breath Chantelle prepared herself for what she was about to hear.

"You thought that you could send me to jail and that it would all be over. You thought that you could hide and never be found," he paused, "Sadly you were wrong. I'm coming for you. You could've just hushed and let shit slide over but being the stupid bitch that you once were you made a fucked up mistake."

"While I was in jail you were living happily . People like you don't deserve happiness and I am back to bring all of it to and end. I've been watching you closely for the past couple weeks now. Your every move has been monitored. When you saw me those nights I bet you thought that your mind was playing games. Tell me Chantelle how does it feel to be brought back to real life where happiness does not exist?"

With her mouth ajar she found it difficult to utter a simple word.

"Answer me!" he shouted causing her to jump in her seat.

When she was about to respond he started laughing loudly," Mindless little girl that killed her brother. I watched you standing at that grave yard that day and your tears brought me humor . You had no reason to cry when you were the cause of his death. Would you like if you were killed the same way? Think of all the possibilities and how simple it will be to crash your car."

Hearing the roomer that was once carried around she felt like she was on the verge of crying.

"Oh and how could I forget to inform you about that little jewel you have hanging around you. What's her name again?" she heard humming in her ear then heard him reply,"Katora?"

"Surprised?" He asked when her heard her breathe in," Oh how foolish of you to think that my eyes were only on you. I've been watching her too. Looking at her now I wonder what she's sees in you. A broken toy that will never be fixed. You are nothing and will never be anything. I must say that she must really be desperate in order to be with you. Pretty thing ain't she. I'll be coming for her too."

This time Chantelle had the guts to actually speak,"Keep her out of this."

"No No No I don't think so . She goes down with you . No happy ending for either of you. It is her mistake for being with you. You were selfish enough to drag her down with you knowing that your life will never be a bed of roses. Even in the afterlife you'll be dragged to hell and rather than a bed of roses you will have to face a bed of thorns."

"I will be coming when you least expect it . Almost like a thief in the night. Sleep tight tonight and remember the bullshit that is your life."

The call came to an end and Chantelle sat there shocked. She knew this was her life and that it would never end. All the pain and suffering will never come to an end. She knew what she had to do to keep Katora safe. She had to let her go. She didn't want her in her mess. 

It was over and she knew it.

..............

With her hand under her chin Chantelle stared at the wall. She was sitting in the living room with the few bags filled with her things next to her feet. It was a little bit after six and she was expecting Katora to be home from her mother's house in the next couple of minutes. Her whole mood was dead and it was very evident in her face and posture. She had done some thinking over the past few days and she had decided that she wasn't going to tell Katora what was going on . Her plan was to just call things off and let things be because she knew that Katora would only intervene and all she wanted was for her to be safe and safe was away from her.

Like clockwork Katora pushed the door open and entered. Seeing Chantelle after a long day made her smile but when she saw the bags her smile faded.

"What's going on? Why do you have your bags packed?" Katora questioned worriedly .

"Sit down."

Katora took a seat next to her and waited for her to talk.

Rubbing her hands together Chantelle looked up at the ceiling before looking over at Katora. Although her eyes began to water she fought against crying.

"I don't think that this relationship is going to work anymore. I think it is best if we just end things"

"What the fuck do you mean end things?How long were you even thinking about this?"

"For a while now. "

"Is that why you've been so distant ? This whole time you've been thinking about leaving me?" Katore asked angrily.

"Things just aren't going good between us I-"

"Chantelle I've been trying with you. This whole time I've never gave up on you. Even when shit happens I never walked out on you so don't you fucking walk out on me now. You can talk to me. Tell me If I did something for god's sake don't just pull that shit on me and tell me that you're going to leave me."

Chantelle shrugged,"There's no need for talking. "

"Give me one good reason."

"Look,I just don't want to be with you anymore."

Chantelle averted her eyes to the floor to avoid Katora's strong gaze. She was at her breaking point and she couldn't bare to look at her again.

"The fuck are you talking about Chantelle it's suppose to be me and you forever. Don't you remember that? Don't you remember how many times I would be there for you when you were hurting? I was there the whole time."

Not replying Chantelle grabbed her things and stood up .

"Just be outta here by the end of the week. Don't bother to come back to work either."

She didn't think that staying at the apartment was safe so she decided to make her leave also. Since that Katora was now on talking terms with her mother she could move there.

"Chantelle you gotta be shitting me. Where am I suppose to go huh?"

"It doesn't really matter to me just be out by the end of the week."

Chantelle headed for the door but stopped when Katora spoke.

"I should've known not to waste my time on you. From the beginning I should've known not to fuck with you,"Katora said ,her voice soft as she began to cry," I felt so sorry for you that
  I thought that I could fix you. I thought that I could help you, that I could change you, that I could at least make you a better person ,but I was wrong. You will always be heartless. You don't give a fuck about anybody but yourself and that's the way it will always be. I was foolish for ever loving someone like you. You don't deserve to be loved by anyone."

Chantelle felt sick to her stomach. She couldn't believe that Katora felt that way about her.

She turned around and looked at Katora ,"That's how you really feel about me?"

"It is what it is."

....................

I think there's like three more chapters left to this book. The book is 36 chapters I made it as long as I possibly could. I don't want to leave you guys in suspense and run the book on knowing that after late March to June I won't be able to focus on writing.

It was fun while it lasted kids.