21

Katora's eyes fluttered open as she began to stretch . A yawn left her lips followed by a groan when she rolled on to her back and realized that Chantelle wasn't there. She then climbed out of bed and began to Zombie walk out of the room.

After Urinating and brushing her teeth, Katora exited the bathroom and headed straight for the living room where she had heard Chantelle's voice coming from.

Once she was in the living room Katora leaned up against the wall and watched Chantelle as she spoke on the phone. Chantelle's back was to Katora so she did not noticed that she was in the room.

When she finally turned around Chantelle looked up at Katora and gave her a small close mouth smile. Katora simply Smiled back in return.

"I understand. Yes, I'll be there. Yes, definitely. Same to you, " Chantelle ended her call before placing Her phone in her pocket.

"Good morning, "Katora greeted.

"Morning. "

"Where are you going so early in the day? You do know that it's Saturday right? "Katora asked taking notice that Chantelle was already dressed.

"It is actually nine am. "

"It is still too early. So where are you going? "

Chantelle looked down at her watch on her wrist before looking back up at Katora.

"I have some things I need to get sorted out and I got some business stuff to deal with. "

"But it's Saturday, "Katora pouted.

"You'll manage. I'll be back by one ."

"Alright, later. "

Katora turned and was about to turn away, but Chantelle stopped her by saying, "Wait. "

"What? "Katora asked.

"Aren't you going to kiss me before I go?"Chantelle looked down at the floor, "I mean that's what people usually do right? "

Katora walked up to Chantelle and placed a small peck on her lips.

"Good enough? "Katora asked.

"Yes, "Chantelle responded before exiting the apartment.

**

"Mommy what's this word? " Shyanne's son asked holding his story book Up for her to see.

Katora was Currently at Shyanne's apartment chilling out since she felt bored being alone. She had been there for the past our and they were chatting it up.

"Water-Melon, "Shyanne dragged out the word so that he could understand.

"Watah-melon, "he repeated and she shook her head.

Katora watched as he ran off before starting up the conversation again.

"You never told me who that dude was at the party. "

"That was my baby father, "Shyanne mumbled.

"I figured,"Katora trailed off, "Have you ever wondered where you would be if you didn't get pregnant?"

"Yes, I've wondered about that many times.  I love my son, but Sometimes I wish I could go back, you know start fresh. I really wish I didn't fall into his trap,"Shyanne frowned as the words left her mouth.

"Why aren't you still with him? "

"The nigga is crazy. You saw him in action that night.  I was with him a couple months after I had my son because I was afraid to go out in the world on my own and  I was afraid of him."