40.

Romania sat down on the couch and folded her arms, "Marriage huh? "

"How did this marriage idea come Up? "

"Earlier today I was speaking to Katora about buying a house together and she said she wanted to get married first. "

Romania urged her to go on,"How did you respond? "

"I told her that marriage wasn't for me and that it was ancient. In the end I told her that if she really wanted to get married  I would marry Her to make her happy. "Chantelle said with a shrug.

"Do you know how that sounds? It sounds like you're only considering marriage not for the fact that you want it but to please her. The marriage would be one sided. Marry Her because you want to because marriage determines your future . I want to see both of you happy, but If you feel uncomfortable don't do it. "

"I'll eventually feel comfortable in the end. I don't mind being uncomfortable if it's a means of making her happy. "

"But how do you think Katora felt when you told her that you would only marry Her to make her happy and not because you want to? I would be hurt. Then again Everyone feels differently about situations ." Romania replied.

"Tell me something Chantelle. How did she act throughout the day? "

"Like Her usual, normal self. Was she supposed to act differently towards me ?"

"All I can say is that I know my sister Just as well as I know you. If you haven't realized Katora is a lot softer than we are. She takes things to her heart. She would hide Her Feelings and act like She's okay to make you feel good and not worry about her. Because she loves you she'll put how you will feel First. Guaranteed she's hurting on the inside and I think that you should confront Her. Do what she's done for you. Be her rock. "

Thinking over what Romania said Chantelle nodded.

"Anything else? "

Chantelle shook her head.

"Remember I'm here for you whenever you need me. I got your back, "Romania held out her fist and she pounded it.

No matter what their friendship was on a lock.

***

Katora cussed under her breath in frustration as she continued to
Search for an item that she had been searching for for the last fifteen minutes.

It was a little past Six and she was trying to get ready to hang out with Shyanne. Dropping onto Her knees Katora searched under the bed. When she didn't find it she sucked her teeth before deciding on checking the nightstand on Chantelle's side of the bed.

Yanking the bottom drawer open, she quickly began to search it. Her lips formed a small from and her eyebrows furrowed in confusion when her finger tips grazed across something. She quickly grabbed the item and pulled it out.

Biting Her lip she stared at the familiar package of white substance. She knew the drug all too well and just staring at brought back memories. Just like Chantelle she had her own past. She was so concerned with helping Chantelle because she knew she was helping herself.

At just the age of fifteen Katora and her family was faced with constant heartache. Following the death of her grandmother they noticed that her father had changed. He was no longer the loving father that he once was

She came to a conclusion that he was on drugs when she first found her his stash of cocaine hidden behind some books in the living room. After that, she began to find packets of white powder secreted all over the house.

The fantasy of the father who silently understood, supported and loved her disappeared. The man who went to rehab a few months after her seventeenth birthday wasn't the father she'd always believed she had. He suddenly seemed like a stranger.

She watched her father Day by Day and observed the way he treated Her mother. She would often see her mother break down and that alone broke her too. No matter how he would neglect her and treat Her badly Katora's mother stayed by his side. She was determined to help him through it all. Her mother was the main reason that she always stayed by Chantelle's side.

It was hard for her to see their marriage fall. To know that she no longer had a happy family. Katora wanted to be different she wanted to make a change. She wanted to show Her mother that love did conquer all and she wanted to start by marry Chantelle. Seeing that Chantelle didn't want to marry Her, her dreams were crushed.

After a few months into his drug abuse Her father disappeared and Up to this day they didn't know if he was dead or alive.

Sighing Katora squeezed the small package in her hand. Her mood was now down. Katora wiped Her cheeks. She stood up and made her way into the bathroom where she dumped the contents and flushed them.

When she walked into the kitchen Chantelle became instantly worried when she saw Katora tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes

"What's wrong? "Chantelle asked.

Katora smiled, "Its nothing. I'm okay. "

Knowing that Chantelle fought Her own battles Katora didn't want to be selfish and pressure her with her own minor problems.

Chantelle wiped Her cheeks, "How can you be okay when you're crying? Did I do something wrong. "

"No, "Katora lied,"I've just been thinking. "

"About what ?"

Katora shrugged.

Chantelle thought about what Romania said and believed that perhaps the whole marriage situation was the reason she was acting this way.

"Can I ask you something? "Chantelle asked.

Katora nodded.

"Did you feel some type of way when I gave my point of view on marriage? I don't want you to feel like n-"

"Why would I feel some type of way? I understood where you were coming from. I can't be upset if you don't want to be married to me. "

"Kato-"

Laughing Katora placed Her hand on her forehead, "I didn't know why I assumed that you wanted something like that. I should've known that you weren't capable because of the way you are. "

"Not capable? " Chantelle repeated

Katora kissed Her cheek, "Don't worry about it. I'll be in the bathroom if you need me.

Chantelle watched as she walked away before frowning.

"Not capable ?" she repeated to herself.

***
Well..  I won't be updating until maybe Friday or next week Monday.