31.

Looking at Chantelle as she sat on the couch Katora tucked Her bottom lip into her mouth and rubbed Her arm. Chantelle sat upright with her eyes focused on the wall. Ever since she got home from the hospital two days ago she had been acting different. She was now, distant. Her body was here but her mind wasn't.  The two hadn't had a proper Conversation since she got home. That bothered Katora, but Chantelle was not bothered . At times when they would have short conversations, Katora did most of the talking and all she would get as a reply was ,'yes ' , 'no ' or even 'I don't know ' . In most cases Chantelle would shrug her shoulders or nod her head.

"Chantelle are you hungry?  I made dinner if you are, " Katora said hoping she would get a reply.

"No. I'm not hungry, "Chantelle replied with tiredness in her voice.

"Are you sure ? You haven't eaten since this morning and your doctor said you shouldn't skip meals. "

"I'm sure, "Chantelle said standing, "I'm just gonna take a shower then go to bed. "

Katora mumbled, "alright, " the same time she walked pass Her.

Even though she was disappointed she was glad that Chantelle actually said a full sentence to her.

Sighing she turned around and made her way into the kitchen. After eating and washing the dishes she placed the leftovers in the fridge. She then took and long show before going to bed.

She yawned loudly as she climbed into bed. Falling asleep early wasn't a norm for her but since she had nothing to do and Chantelle was in bed she decided on going to bed.

Katora rolled over and reached her arms out to wrap them around Chantelle. Her lips formed a small pout when she realized Chantelle wasn't in arms reach. She laid on the far side of the bed with her back turned to Katora.

"Babe, "Katora whispered.

"Babe, " she repeated but this time she said it louder.

"Mmmhmm, "Chantelle groaned.

"Can you face me for a moment please? "Katora asked.

Chantelle rolled over and peaked an eye open.

"I need to talk to you."

Bringing Chantelle hand up to her lips, she kissed her knuckles.

"Talk. "

"I just want to know if everything is okay. You've been acting differently and I don't like it at all. If I am doing something wrong you can always tell me. I'll listen and maybe try to better the flaws that I might have. "

Chantelle didn't have any problems with her. She had a problem with herself instead. Staying awake was what she did the past nights since She got out of the hospital . She found it hard to sleep when the events of two days ago bothered Her conscience. Now that she knew how Katora felt about her, she tried her best to distance herself. She didn't want her to see her as that type of person anymore. She didn't want to be like them  .

"Everything is okay Katora. Just close your eyes and go to sleep. "

With that Chantelle turned her back and close her eyes. She heard Katora sigh before mumbling inaudible words under her breath. katora was not pleased but Chantelle knew at the end of the day she was trying to do Her Best and be her best for her.

Katora shuffled over to the far end of the bed where Chantelle was laying and wrapped her arms around her.

"I love you, " she whispered softly after placing a kiss on her cheek.

**

Shyanne was too sick to attend work today, so Katora was alone and bored.  She had done several tasks that she needed to do which kept her occupied.

It was fifteen minutes into her lunch break, but she hadn't went out to eat because she wasn't hungry.  She stretched in her then got up. She checked didn't check on Chantelle for the day so she planned on doing so now.

Like always Katora knocked on the door then entered. Chantelle stood in the corner of the room looking out of the window. Her arms were folded across her chest and her hair that was Up was now down. It came to Katora's attention that she had recently been pulling at her hair because of the condition it was in.

Katora walked over to Chantelle and loosely wrapped her arms around her waist. Chantelle turned around in her arms so that they were facing each other.

Leaning in Katora placed Her lip on Chantelle's lips and held her in place. She let the kiss linger before trying anything else. Chantelle had been turning her down before she could kiss her, but this was her Chance to feel the feeling that she missed. Just as Katora thought they were getting somewhere Chantelle turned her head away causing Katora's lips to end up on her cheek.

Katora pulled her head back and Scrunched her eyebrows together, " This is becoming annoying. I seriously want to  know what's going on with you. Every time I try to touch you, you brush me off. "

Chantelle removed Katora's hands from around her waist.

"I have work to do right now. "

"Chantelle... " Katora trailed off .

"We'll talk afterwards."

"Promise? "

Chantelle nodded her head. She watched Katora leave then got seated behind her desk. Folding her arms again she leaned back in her chair. When the company phone began ringing she answered it after three rings. Chantelle said her usual greeting and waited for a response.

The person on the other end chuckled then spoke ,"Miss me? "

Chantelle's whole body froze and her mouth became dry when she heard the voice of the man that reeked havoc on her life. The Man that scarred her forever.

She knew for a fact that this was reality.

**