20.

"Are you saying that I'm crazy? " Chantelle asked her uncle in disbelief.

"All I'm trying to say is that there is no way he could've been there. He was given six year sentence he still has a year to go before he can be released. Even if he was released early there is no way he could've found you. I made it difficult for anyone to find you, "Her uncle assured Her.

Chantelle had been trying to explain to her uncle what she saw but he was trying to convince Her that it was all a figment of her imagination .

"It was him. He looked me right in my fucking eyes and smiled. I know what I saw. "

Her uncle reached out and rubbed Her back, "I think you should get some sleep. "

"In don't need any fucking sleep.  It was him. Why won't you believe me?"Chantelle asked on the verge of crying.

She hadn't been able to sleep in two days .  No matter how much medication she took she could not go to sleep. Her paranoia was eating Her conscience. She also avoided work. Anything that required leaving her apartment was avoided.

"I want to believe you Chantelle, believe me I do but there's no possible way that he's out. "

Chantelle put her head in her hands.

"He's out and he'll try to hurt me again. Please believe me. "

Her uncle let out a sigh, "Have you been taking your medication? "

"Of course I have. "

"Look I'll look into it. I assure you that he's still in jail. I can prove it if  you give me a little time,"her uncle patted Her back before standing up, "Stay safe and be happy. "

"For me Happiness is almost impossible. "

"Almost.  You can find happiness Chantelle. Seek and Ye shall find. "

"Some people seek and they never find,"Chantelle replied bitterness in her voice.

"Why do you let your negativity over power your positivity.? "

"Because in my world Positivity doesn't exist. "

Her uncle shook his head, "I gotta go now, but I'll call to check up on you."

Chantelle watched as her uncle walked out of the door before throwing Her head back.

She was lost. Lost in misery.

***
Chantelle placed her key in the key hole and opened the door. The only thing that could be heard was the sound of her shoes hitting against the tile with each step she took  . She tried to be as quiet as possible so that she didn't wake Katora.

Chantelle found herself missing Katora.  She wanted to be around her but she didn't want to be pestered with questions. Her plan was to sneak in just for tonight with the key that she cut . She was going to sleep on the couch just for the night and be out before Katora woke up. Even though she wasn't in the same bed as her she at least wanted to be around her.

Once she entered Katora's room she smiled once she saw her Beauty sleeping. She made her way to the head of the bed so that she could get a closer look at her.

"I'm sorry ,"she whispered .

She brought her sheet upwards and allowed it to drape of her shoulders. Katora muttered a little bit in her sleep after Chantelle planted a kiss on her forehead.

Chantelle looked at her one more time before finally exiting the room.

**

"No! Please! " Loud shouting woke Katora up from her sleep.

Katora recognized Chantelle's voice and frowned in confusion.

"Please stop! "

Without having so much as a second thought she jumped out of bed and rushed out of her room.

"Chantelle! "She called.

"I said stop! "Chantelle screamed.

When she entered the living room she fumbled around trying to find the light switch and switched it on. Laying on the couch was Chantelle's shirtless body that was tangled in a sheet,trashing and tossing.

Without thinking she rushed over to Chantelle and began shaking her shoulder.

"Chantelle! "Katora yelled trying to wake Her Up.

Her head snaps to the side and She whimpers but doesn't wake up.

"Chantelle, wake up! "she cried whilst shaking her harder.

Her eyes fly Open ,terror fills them for a brief second before confusion then relief fills them.

"Katora, "Chantelle choked out. The way she said her name breaks her heart.

"Let's go to bed, "Katora said as she helped Chantelle up.

After making it to bed Katora did not delay to wrap her hands around her and lay her head on her chest. She could hear her heart beating ,pumping rapidly against Her cheek.

"Are you okay?"Katora's voice is lower than a whisper.

"No, "Chantelle confesses. Her chest was rising and falling slower than it was before, but her breathing is still shallow.

"I missed you when you were gone. Why didn't you come back? "Chantelle asked looking up at her.

"My mind wasn't in the Right place. It still isn't, but I had to see you. "

"Oh. " the room fell silent.

"Are you going to ever tell me what you saw? "

"I don't know if I can. All you need to know is that I'm falling and I don't want you falling with me. "

"I can rescue you. "

"No you can't, no one can. "

Katora frowned once the words left her mouth.

"Just promise me One thing Chantelle. "

"I don't like to make promises. "

"Just promise me this, please,"Katora begged.

"What is it? "Chantelle asked.

"Just promise me One day you'll be honest enough to tell me what's going on. I know you weren't just raped alone. I know that there's more to it, so please just promise me that One day you'll be open with me. "

Chantelle took a deep breath as she let Katora's words settle in.

"I-I promise, "she stuttered.

Katora reaches upwards and cups Chantelle's face in her hands. She wasted no time in planting her lips on to  hers.  Chanetelle's hands immediately gripped her waist and guides her on to her lap. To Chantelle Katora was like a drug she could not get enough of. Her cold hands pressed against the small of Katora's back as the kiss became deeper. Katora's mind was telling her to take it slow, to kiss her gently and to savor each second of the kiss, but her body was telling another story.

Chantelle brought her lips to Katora's jaw before attaching them to her neck. Katora found herself not being able to control  herself any more. She pulled away from the kiss and let her hands travel to her boxers.  Before Katora could do anything else Chantelle grabbed her hand.

"I don't want to, At least not now. "

"Oh, "Katora mumbled in disappointment.

She began to remove herself from Chantelle's lap but Chantelle held her in place.

"I'm just not ready as yet. Believe me I want to with you but I'm still... Scared. "

"I understand."

Katora placed her head in the crook of Chantelle's neck and Chantelle wrapped her arms tightly around her.

"Your mine, "Chantelle whispered.

*
I felt bad for those cliff hangers and weekly updates, so as an apology I updated Three times in a row. I hope you guys accept my apology.

🙏