Chapter 4: Qetsiyah

I woke up screaming.

"NIKLAUS! No, no! You can't be... gone..."

I took a look around the room.

A plastic chair, and old mattress and I was chained up against the wall. Great....

Where the hell was I?

"Is she the one?" I heard a voice.

"That's why were here. To find out if she is," another one said.

The door opened and three figures walked in.
A woman from around the age of 30.
A big, strong man.

But my attention was drawn to the younger girl. She looked familiar. Had I seen her before? Or did she just have one of those faces.....

All of a sudden I was greeted by a wave of pain.

I groaned.

"I'd like to play a little game miss... Florence isn't it?" The woman spoke.

"Yes..." I said, in utter agony.

I saw the younger girl's fist open and immediately the pain faded away.

"To borrow a trick from one of your friends," the woman continued, "It's a game I'd like to call truth or vervain."

I sighed.

"Let's get this over with shan't we," I said, getting irritated already.

She asked me a thousand questions about the Original family and my past. Only one of those questions actually made me wonder who she was.

"Do you know who Katerina Petrova is?"

"Of course I know Katherine! Now, let me go!"

I got angrier by the second.

"I'm not letting you go. However, I am done with you for the next few hours," She said, "Oh, and don't get too excited about escaping. No one can help you."

"Because you killed Klaus?"

Saying the words actually hurt me. She killed Klaus. One of the only people who actually gave a shit about me.

She just fake smiled.

"You have no idea how strong I am, do you?" I asked her.

If she actually thought I needed Klaus to escape, she was wrong. Very wrong.

"I do, actually, I think you are the one who has no clue how strong you are. I killed him to weaken you, and while you be drowning in your own tears, I'll be upstairs drinking bourbon. Goodbye, for now, Florence Hopes."

They just left.

What the hell?

However, she was right. After she left, I couldn't stop crying. She just confirmed Niklaus's death.

I felt pain, not only from the vervain rushing through my veins but mental pain. Elijah had no idea where I was, he was MIA anyway. God knows where Rebekah was. The few friends I had made did not know me well enough yet to think something's wrong. I don't even know if Stefan is still alive.

•••

A few hours later, she returned.

"You really don't have any idea who you are, do you?"

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked her.

"Why the Mikaelsons killed your family? Why your childhood memories are all gone?"

How did she know I didn't have any memory of my childhood left? I only told Rebekah that. Rebekah gave me her word she wouldn't tell anyone and the Originals never broke their word.

"How do you know about my childhood memories?"

"Because it's in my family history. Have you ever heard of the name Qetsiyah?"

"Yeah, I heard a story about her. She created the immortality spell," I answered.

"Indeed. She was engaged to another witch named Silas, with whom she was madly in love. At his request, Qetsiyah concocted an immortality elixir that she had planned to share with him as a part of their wedding ceremony. However, after Silas betrayed Qetsiyah by taking the potion with her handmaiden Amara, who was Silas' soulmate and the true love of his life, Qetsiyah retaliated by kidnapping Amara and using her eternal and indestructible body to bind the spell that created the Other Side. Deceived into believing that Amara was dead, Silas was later imprisoned deep within a remote cave, along with a cure to his immortality. With the belief that Silas would eventually take the cure and die as a mortal, thus joining her on the Other Side, Qetsiyah would spend the next two millennia alone in her own purgatory."

"So, what does this have to do with me?"

She walked towards me until we were face to face.

"It has EVERYTHING to do with you! I can't tell you everything right now because that would mean you wouldn't return to me later on!"

Was she letting me go?

"No, I'm not letting you go. Not yet."

The woman stepped back.

"Then why did you just say that you couldn't tell me everything just to be sure I'd return to you."

"You have a soulmate, Florence. Just like Amara and Silas. As soon as he wakes, you'll be connected. That's all you need to know for now," She spoke.

"Well, that's not exactly something I can do something about, is it?" I asked, still confused about why she'd tell me this.

"The thing is, that girl who was here not too long ago, she knows who your soulmate is. You need to find him, for your own good and wake him up. Your time is running out."

"What do you mean my time is running out? I don't get it. I'm a vampire, I have all the time in the world."

"Ask Niklaus, Elijah and Rebekah. They can explain," she said, rapidly. 

She checked her phone and I saw her panic.

"I'd love to ask Niklaus," I spoke, getting angry, "but since you killed him, that is not a possibility anymore!"

"He's not dead.  My friend got into your head. It's what we wanted you to see.  You'll find out I'm not the enemy Flore. You will find me when the time is right."

She just left, leaving the door open.

However, I was chained up and had already tried to break free from them. They were laced with vervain, so I had no chance.

"Why did you leave the door open?" I asked, not to anyone in particular.

She knew I wasn't able to break the chains, but still.

She would take all the chances she could get to keep me from escaping.

"Unless something scared you off....."

I hadn't even finished my sentence. A really pissed off Klaus came marching into the room.

"I hate witches!"

"Great, me too, now get me out of here!"

•••
For those of you who though Klaus actually died, I couldn't do that 😂.

Please vote and comment.
-Merijn