Chapter 18: From Dover to London

In the next few days, Kol came up with the stupidest idea he'd ever come up with. Going back to school.

"I'm not doing it, Kol!"

"Why not?"

"I finished school. Twice. That you've never been to school has nothing to do with me."

"Please, it'll be fun!"

"It won't be. Trust me, I've been there."

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him.

"But now I'll be there. We can be like those couples in movies. Making out in the janitor's closet."

I raised my eyebrows.

"So, are you in?" he asked, his voice filled with hope.

"No! Ew!"

"Oh my god! Florence Hopes! Did you just 'ew' me!"

I sped towards the other side of the room.

"Maybe I did. What are you going to do about it?" I challenged him.

"Oh, I don't know."

He sped towards me and grabbed my arms so I couldn't escape.

He came closer to me and leant in. However, just before he was about to kiss me I turned my head so he kissed my cheek.

"Oh my god! You really are the worst!" he laughed.

"You are the one talking about making out in the janitor's closet!"

We laughed as I sank to the floor. Kol sat down next to me and I played with his fingers.

"I don't have a choice, do I?" I asked him.

He smiled at me, confirming what I just said.

"God, why do I like you?" I asked, looking at him.

He was silent for a moment. Dramatical as ever.

"Soulmates, remember," he grinned.

"Oh shut up!"

There was a comfortable silence. Sadly, it didn't last very long.

"Florence, if it's not too much to ask, would you mind showing me a little more of your memories?"

I sighed as I reached for his other hand.

"Sure."

May 21st, 1794

After a dangerously long wait, the Hopes had finally reached England.

Florence and Louis were the first to leave the ship, their siblings and parents following soon after.

Louis had his arm hooked with his sisters, somehow being protective.

"Is this our new home?" Louis whispered to Florence.

"We don't really have anywhere else to go, do we? At least you, mother, father and I speak English. The twins will learn soon enough. Any other country on the mainland wouldn't have been far enough. They'd have found us easily. Now we can at least be sure we'll be able to start a new life," Florence told her brother.

The two set foot on land and slowly walked towards a man with dirty-blonde hair. He had blue eyes and seemed like a wealthy man.

"Excuse me, sir, where are we?" Florence asked the man, not knowing she'd get to know him very well.

"You are in Dover, miss."

"Can you tell us where we can get a ride to London?" Florence asked the man.