Chapter 28: Always and Forever

It was going to be a small ceremony. Just Florence and all of the Mikaelson siblings.

They were at an open space in the woods. It was a beautiful location. Niklaus and Rebekah had done a great job organising everything so quickly.

Rebekah had found Florence this beautiful white and flowery dress and everyone loved it.

Elijah would be the one to wed them. They had all agreed that his nobility fits the role perfectly.

"I promise to love and care for you, and I will try in every way to be worthy of your love.I will always be honest with you, kind, patient and forgiving. But most of all, I promise to be a true and loyal friend to you. I love you," Kol had said.  

"The feeling hit me the moment I was about to pull that dagger out of you.  You don't describe a feeling like that. You also can't replicate it or force it. You just let it flow in and around you. You go where it takes you," I replied.

The sun was shining and the birds around us whistled songs. It was perfect. The way it was supposed to be.

"Do you Kol Mikaelson take this woman Florence Hopes to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in heath, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto her for as long as you both shall live? If so, answer ' Always and Forever,' " Elijah spoke.

"Always and Forever," Kol said, smiling as he looked into Florence's eyes.

Florence loved how they had changed the vows. How they had made it an actual family thing.

"Do you Florence Hopes take this man Kol Mikaelson to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and health, to love, honour and obey, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto him for as long as you both shall live? If so, answer 'Always and Forever'," Elijah spoke to Florence.

"Always and Forever."

" If there be anyone present who may show just and lawful cause why this couple may not be legally wed, let him speak now or forever hold his peace."

As no one said anything, Elijah continued by saying: "Then I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss now."

That last bit was a little informal, but neither of the two really cared as their lips were already melted together.

"Who would've thought Kol would be the first one to get a girl," Niklaus grinned as Kol and Florence parted.

"No one did. Now, let's return to the house, I bought a cake," Rebekah smiled.

"Yeah right. Like you actually paid for it," Kol laughed.

    •••   

All of the Mikaelsons were sitting in the living room. They were having some casual family conversations.

"So, misses Mikaelson, what's next?" Kol asked Florence.

Most people would've answered with 'a child', but not Florence. She knew this was impossible and tried to think of a different answer.

Rebekah, most of all, knew what she felt.

"Florence, we're a thousand years old. Both you and Kol have been given the gift of eternal life. I'm sure that someday you'll find a way."

"Thank you, Rebekah," Florence responded.

"We could go somewhere else. Away from the Mystic Falls drama," Kol suggested.

"That's a great idea. I'd like that."

"Where'd you like to go?" Niklaus asked the couple.

"I'd like to see Amsterdam," Kol smiled.

"Me too," Florence said.

"Alright then, it's settled, next week you'll be leaving for Amsterdam," Niklaus told the two.

Kol grabbed Florence's hand and squeezed it while smiling at her.

"Normally I'd say 'get a room', but since today's your wedding day I'll let it slide," Rebekah smirked.

"I think it's time to welcome our new sister to the family," Elijah said.

"The honour is all yours, brother," Niklaus told the oldest.

Elijah grabbed a dark blue box from underneath the couch he was sitting on and handed it to Florence.

"Welcome to the family, Florence Mikaelson," Elijah smiled.

Florence carefully opened the box. Inside was a beautiful silver Fleur de Lys pin.

"We wanted to get you a golden one, but Rebekah and Kol said you'd prefer silver," Niklaus said nonchalantly.

"Thank you, it's beautiful!" Florence smiled.

    •••   

"So we're married, huh!" Kol smiled while closing the bedroom door behind them.

For a short while, all of the Mikaelsons (including Florence) had actually been happy. No one had expected their brother Kol to be the first one to marry, but they were happy for him.

"Which one of your siblings will be next?" Florence laughed.

"Well, I'd say Bekah, but only if it's up to her. Her boyfriends mostly turn out to be evil." 

Florence kissed his cheek. Kol was very different from all of his siblings. He had zero control, could be scary sometimes and was pretty informal, but that's what she liked about him. For him, everything was just another day in the office. He sacrificed what he had to sacrifice so that others could live.

"So you want a child," Kol changed the subject.

"Oh I'd love to have a little you running around," Florence whispered into Kol's ear.

"I'll find a way, Flore, I will. That's a promise."

Florence smiled and kissed him.

Kol pushed Florence onto their bed and moved to her neck.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," Florence responded.

•••
One more chapter guys. I have one more chapter coming up.
Please vote and comment!
-Merijn