Chapter 13: Not you

Niklaus already knew something was wrong. He sped up to the scene as soon as he could. While Klaus fought Stefan, Damon and Alaric, I caught Kol's body and pulled the dagger out of him.

"Wake up Kol, wake up!"

"I should've killed you months ago!" Niklaus said to Damon.

"Do it, it's not going to stop Esther from killing you," Damon responded.

I looked at Damon and then back at Kol.

"What did you say about my mother?" Klaus asked the oldest Salvatore.

"You didn't know I was friends with your mummy? Yeah, we have a lot in common. She hates you as much as I do."

Klaus was about to attack Damon, but Elijah appeared on the top of the stairs I was sitting on, Kol's now coloured body in my arms.

"Leave him! We still need them Niklaus."

"What did mother do? What did she do, Elijah?"

Elijah walks down the stairs and towards Damon, holding a phone.

"Tell me where the witches are or I'll have my sister kill Elena right now!" Elijah demanded.

Damon looked at the clock. 20:30.

"You told me we had until after nine!" Damon told Elijah.

"I'm sure Rebekah will be more than happy to start her work early," I told the Salvatore, remembering what Rebekah told me a little earlier.

"Go," Elijah told me.

Kol opened his eyes and I felt his heart rate rising. As soon as his eyes met mine he calmed down again.

I helped him get up and up the stairs.

"We'll meet you at the house," Elijah said.

Kol, still a bit weak, tripped and I caught him.

"Thanks."

"Yeah, no problem. Let's get you home, shan't we."

I vampire-sped him home and dropped him on the comfortable couch.

"You know that I can walk, right?"

I sighed while he just grinned.

I bit my wrist and stuck it out to him.

"Here, drink."

His eyes grew wide and he got up.

"I'm not drinking from you, Florence!" He said, taking a step towards me.

"Seriously, dude, just drink. I don't mind."

"I'm not drinking your blood, Florence. It doesn't work like that," he carefully spoke.

"Ugh, fine," I sighed, walking towards the kitchen to grab a blood bag.

I opened the freezer, grabbed some AB+ and returned to the living room, only to find out that he was gone.

Walking upstairs, knowing he'd be in his room, I felt some sort of weight lift off my shoulders.

Weird.

I opened the door to his room and saw him standing in front of the window, staring outside.

"Here," I said while I threw him the blood bag.

"Elijah just called. I think I know what my mother didn't want you to tell us," he sighed.

"I'm so sorry Kol," I said.

He motioned for me to come over to him.

"It's not your fault. You tried to tell me, my mother put a spell you so you couldn't."

He wrapped his arms around my body.

"You have the right to know that it's happening tonight, but we're going to try to stop it," he said.

Tears started to form in my eyes. If they failed, this would mean the end of the Mikaelsons, but also the end of Florence Hopes.

"Kol, I need to tell you something."

While I pronounced his name my voice broke, so he immediately knew something was wrong.

"What is it darling?" He worriedly asked.

"If you die, that means there is a really big chance I go down too," I told him.

He rested his hand on my cheek.

"You won't. I'll do anything to save you," Kol said.

"No, Kol, don't."

"Florence, I'm serious. You don't deserve this," he softly spoke.

"Maybe I do, Kol."

He grabbed one of my hands.

"For what?" He asked dead serious.

"Maybe it's for feeling attracted to a Mikaelson. If there is something I've learned in the past two hundred years it's that everyone who puts up with the Mikaelsons dies. "

I tried to back away, but Kol's grip tightened, making me unable to walk away.

"Not you."

Before I knew it he pecked my lips.

"Not you," he repeated.

I smiled at him.

"By the way, I hope you meant me."

"Of course I meant you," I said.

He let go of my hand and I quickly sped away, knowing it would frustrate him.

•••
CUTE CUTE CUTE!
Please vote and comment
-Merijn