Chapter 11: Predicted death

Elena exited the room where Esther was in as I entered.

"You wished to see me."

"Yes, Florence, I need to talk to you."

Finn was in the room too.

"Please, sit down. What I'm about to tell you might come in hard," she softly spoke.

I didn't understand why she was talking the way she was.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked her while I sat down.

"No, not at all. You don't seem like the trouble type."

"I told my mother about you and Kol," Finn said.

"Ow, so now you're going to tell me I can't build a relationship with your son?"

"No, Florence, relax. You're allowed to do so. I only wanted to warn you," Esther said in a calming voice.

"About what?"

"My family is an abomination. I can't let them go on like this."

Wait... what did she just say?

"I don't understand."

"I have to make an end to this. I have to kill them. I don't want to, but there is no other way. Since you are Kol's soulmate if he dies, you die too. So you can do two things. You can bound with him, fall in love with him and die when he dies. Or you can choose to stay away from them, so you will have a chance at survival."

I was shocked. She was going to kill them. All of them.

"I'm sorry Florence. If there was another way, I-"

"You're just letting this happen? This means you die too," I interrupted Esther, pointing my question towards Finn.

"It's for the better good. When the time has come, I'll be ready to die."

I shook my head in disbelief.

"Do whatever you have to do, but know I don't want them to die. I'll do whatever it takes to save them," I told the witch.

"I know that Florence. I wouldn't expect you to do anything else. However, I don't want you to tell them. Not yet, so I'm really sorry."

She chanted a quick spell.

"You're free to go now."

I got up and quickly walked out of the room, searching for Kol.

I found him just as I heard crystal ring.

Finn stood on my left while I stepped closer to Kol.

Kol looked me in the eyes and saw something was wrong.

"You want to talk about it?" He asked.

"Later, not here, not now."

Kol grabbed two glasses of red-tinged champagne, handing me one and then wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Good Evening, Ladies and Gentleman. Waiters are coming around with champagne. I invite you all to join me in raising a glass. It provides me with no greater joy than to see my family back together as one. I'd like to thank you all for being part of this spectacular evening. Cheers!" The witch spoke.

"Cheers!" Everyone said.

Everyone drank the champagne. So did all of the Mikaelson siblings.

I had to make a decision now. Drink the champagne and die with Kol, or give it to someone else and walk away now.