Chapter 25: The Cure for two problems

Within the hour she had finished the medicine.

"Normally I'd charge something like this with a high price, but because I might have been a little rude you'll get it for free. We'll be even."

The Originals just stared at the phial the woman was holding.

"It'll be a full moon tomorrow. Make sure she drinks this when the moon is at its apex."

While Florence murmured a thank you, Kol grabbed her and left just as fast as he came. He didn't trust this bitch witch.

Florence had to feed off his blood until she could take the cure. Otherwise, she was likely to die. And so was he.

When they were in the car, he sat her down on his lap. She would be able to reach his neck and drink his blood without disturbing the others too much. It would look like she was hugging him.

At first, Florence refused his blood. But after he explained what would happen if she didn't, she accepted it. Trying to sink her teeth into his neck without hurting him. Kol didn't feel any pain. He was just glad Flore didn't die.

Kol knew the others were watching them. He could see Niklaus looking at them through the mirror. His other two siblings would be likely to do the same thing. They all cared for Florence, but the feeling that she was feeding off their brother bothered them. But it had to happen, so they didn't do anything to stop it.

•••

The next day they were all waiting for nightfall. Kol hadn't left Florence's side. The moon was about to rise and it would take another three hours until it would be at its apex.

Kol had asked the others to help get all of their memories back. Currently, they were reading Esther's grimoires. Elijah had suggested that their mother had put the memories into an object. Kol had obviously already thought of this and was trying to figure out which object or which objects they were in.

Florence notices Kol was staring at one of the pages. Confusion. Anger. Fear. All of those emotions crossed his face.

"I think you should read this," he then told his hybrid brother.

Niklaus took the book from him and the same expressions rested on his face.

"No, this can't be true," he softly spoke.

Florence pulled the book out of his hands and read the text herself.

Today I had someone kill my youngest son.

Florence's mouth fell open. She was completely surprised.

It was a necessary sacrifice. Tatia's daughter has to survive until she can be with my son Kol. My other children will live forever. Once I'm able to give Cyra the same thing, she can live. Henrik's death will keep her alive. She'll be able to keep my now youngest son under control. Help him.

So Henrik died because of fo her. Esther killed Henrik to let Florence live.

"Your brother....."

"It's not your fault, Flore," Kol whispered.

They had all loved Henrik, they still did.

There was a moment of silence as Rebekah and Elijah tried to understand the words written on the paper.

"Someone needs to show Finn this," Florence told the Mikaelson siblings.

They all exchanged glances. It didn't take Florence long to figure out what was going on. Finn had died. She felt a wave of sadness hit her but quickly brushed it off as she told herself to deal with one problem at a time.

"Never mind."

Rebekah left the room, probably needing some time to think.

The other four were left in silence. No one knew what to say or do.

Florence grabbed Kol's hand and the loving gesture calmed the youngest brother down a little.

Within the minute Rebekah returned. She was holding a golden necklace.

"Mother gave this to me after Henrik died," she said, showing the other vampires the necklace.

"She told me some of Henrik's ashes are inside of it."

Niklaus took an ancient bracelet out of his pocket.

"She told me the same thing. I always carry it with me."

Kol and Elijah both left the room and returned with some ancient objects.

"Same over here."

"I think Henrik's ashes are the way to get our memories back."

"But what about me, I haven't got an object with Henrik's ashes," Florence told the Mikaelsons.

There was another silence, but it was soon broken by Kol. "I think you do."

He rushed upstairs and came back with the small chest filled with her family's stuff.

"The glass in your mother's necklace has air bubbles in it," he said while pointing them out.

The bubbles were most likely formed by ashes.

"You're right."

"Well, we better try this now because it will only take the moon another hour to rise to its apex," Niklaus told them.

"Lace the objects with your blood and then concentrate on them," Kol said before biting into his wrist.

Florence quickly looked away, knowing she could not yet resist his blood.

They all followed Kol's lead and were soon overwhelmed by their memories.

It felt like being hit by something unexplainable. It hurt, but it didn't. The feeling left as soon as it came and none of the four original vampires was impressed by what they had seen.

"Remember our mother only hid her from us, not any of the actions," Kol told his siblings.

They all remembered her now and Kol enjoyed being able to view his memories of hunting with the young girl. But Florence was flabbergasted. She now knew so many things she hadn't known before. She understood it all.

"Wow," was all she could say.

The Originals didn't give her the time to adapt to her memories.

"You need to go," Elijah reminded his youngest brother.

•••

Well, I hope you enjoyed that.

Please vote and comment.

-Merijn