Chapter 24: Original blood

I was sitting up now. Niklaus sat on my left side, Elijah on my right and we were waiting for Rebekah to return with Kol.

I felt like they were babysitting me, which they probably were. They knew damn right that I had flipped my switch, that's probably why they were waiting for Kol.

I tried to get up but Elijah pulled me back down.

"Come on, Elijah, I am hungry, I need blood."

"How about we'll get you some when you turn your emotions back on," Klaus grinned.

I groaned. "Fine."

Kol came rushing into the room.

"Finally, now we can begin," Elijah said.

"Hello to you too, brother."

"So, what's the plan?" Rebekah, who had also returned, asked her brothers.

Klaus had written the plan down, so I was unable to hear it and prepare.

He gave Kol the note, who read it and then passed it to Rebekah.

"Alright then. Let's just get it over with. I want the old Florence back."

Klaus grabbed my arm and got into my mind, showing me his memories.

Niklaus Mikaelson knocked on the Hopes bedroom door. They had been staying with the Mikaelsons for a while now, but they knew too much, they had to 'leave'.

The teenage girl was the first one to find out. However, Niklaus couldn't kill her. There was something special about her...

He wasn't the only one to think so. His brother Elijah had made him swear not to hurt her.

Mr Hopes opened the door and greeted Niklaus. Niklaus didn't return the welcome gesture. Instead, he punched his hand through Mr Hopes' chest and ripped his heart out. Niklaus laid the heart on the side. He closed the door behind him and walked into the room. Florence's mother came rushing in, immediately walking towards her husband. Before she could even reach the man Niklaus had already snapped her neck.

He heard cries from under the bed. Mélisande and Auguste had been hiding under there. That probably meant Louis wasn't that far away either.

Niklaus walked towards the bed, grabbed the side and threw it to the other side of the room, revealing the twins.

"Boo," he said. The children started crying. He quickly killed the two, making sure there wasn't any pain. They hadn't done anything wrong. They just had to die. He could not say the same for the older one. Louis.

Louis and Florence had fled together. Niklaus looked outside and saw the two running towards the forest.

He ran towards the two and grabbed Louis' arm.

"You should've run faster."

Niklaus knew Florence was watching.

Louis let it happen. He didn't fight anymore. Klaus punched his hand through Louis' chest and ripped the boy's heart out.

"NO!" He heard the girl scream.

He wanted to look her in the eyes but she had already started running.

I opened my eyes, tears streaming down my face.

I felt everything. Every single feeling.

Niklaus moved away and was replaced by Kol.

"Flore?"

"Congratulations, Kol. You did it!" I said. "I turned my emotions back on."

"Florence, I didn't mean to-"