Chapter 6: He has been desiccating for over a century

It didn't take long for me to figure everything out.

I had slowly put all the pieces together.

Why I started desiccating.

Why Klaus wouldn't tell me who my soulmate was.

The mystery coffin.  The mysterious Mikaelson sibling.

He was locked up in that coffin. I was desiccating because he probably was too.

Rebekah had gone MIA once more and here I was, back at the original family house.

I had told Klaus about the fact that I started desiccating. He wanted to help me out by getting the coffin and re-daggering his sibling, but apparently, he had to find this coffin first.

I was desiccating more and more by the minute. Blood helped, but only for a few hours. It's efficiency getting less and less. 

My pain was growing worse and a hopeless Klaus sitting next to my bed didn't really help either.

"I can't handle this much longer Klaus. It hurts," I cried out.

He got up and said: "I'm getting those coffins right now, no matter what," as he walked out of the room.

•••

Hours later, I heard the door open and close several minutes later. Did he find them?  God, I hope he found them.

I was now continuously drinking blood, not being able to stay on my feet without it.

I grabbed a blood bag and slowly made my way downstairs.

I heard an unknown voice.

"I'm glad you have your family back, finally. You're gonna open them?"

"Not quite yet. I still have some unfinished business to take care of, " Klaus spoke.

"What business?" the unknown person asked.  I made my way to the doorstep of the room.

He suddenly made a weird sound and then fell to the ground, Elijah appearing behind him with the man's heart in his hand.

"So, Niklaus...."

"Elijah!" Niklaus said in shock.

"What did I miss?"

Elijah wipes the blood of his hands with a white handkerchief.  Well, it's not white anymore.

"You look surprised to see me, so it wasn't you who removed the dagger from my chest," Noble Elijah spoke.

"You look like you could do with a drink. And we have a lot to discuss, so shall we?" Niklaus tried, but Elijah didn't buy it.

Instead, he attacked him and threw Klaus through a newly placed window in a door.

"Easy! I just finished renovating," Klaus tried.

Not helping....

Elijah attacks him once more, knocking him into a coffin. Klaus opens the coffin next to it up, removing the dagger from the body. He rushes to Elijah and holds him against a closed coffin by his throat, holding the dagger up threateningly.

"Don't make me do this to you again Elijah!"

My desiccation stopped, I could walk around without having to continuously drink from a blood bag.

I walked over to the coffin to take a look at the person inside.

"Come on. Use it. I dare you. You'll have Kol to deal with," Elijah spoke coldly while taking a quick glance at me. 

"Kol?" I asked.

I stared at the handsome man inside the coffin. 

"Kol," I repeated.

I noticed that Klaus lowered the dagger.

"Mikael is dead," he spoke.

Mikael was Klaus' evil father. Apparently, Mikael wanted him dead because Niklaus wasn't his son. His wife, Esther, had cheated on him a thousand years ago.  Not that any of it was Niklaus' fault, but he took it out on him anyway.

Niklaus releases Elijah and Elijah stands up, completely surprised.

"What did you say?" Elijah asked his younger brother.

"I killed him. With his own weapon. He's gone, Elijah. Forever," Niklaus answered.

"Why do our family remain in these coffins? Finn for over 900 years, Kol for over a century," Elijah spoke once more.

"Because of Stefan Salvatore. He holds the one thing keeping me from freeing them. There are things that you do not know about our past, Elijah. Our mother's death. Things I never wanted you to know but I'm ready to tell you now. I only ask that you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me."

He walked over to a jar of white oak ash, dipped the dagger into it and walked over to Kol's body, glancing at Elijah and then at me.

"What are you doing?" Elijah asked Niklaus.

"No, Klaus, please don't do this! Not again!" I begged him, but he didn't listen.  He drove the dagger back into Kol's heart.

For only a split second I felt a sharp pain.

Klaus and Elijah looked at me with worried looks on their faces.

"Always and forever. I need you to stand by my side. Be my brother. Help me destroy Stefan and I promise you our family will be whole again," Klaus told Elijah.

He closed the coffin and grabbed my wrist, pulling me closer to him.

"Have you seen him before? Have you met Kol before?"

"No! I haven't!" I answered. 

He pulled me closer to him so I was face to face with him.

"Are you one hundred percent sure?"  Elijah asked.

"Yes!"

Klaus was scaring me.

"You're lying. It's impossible that you felt that. That you felt the dagger going through his heart."

"Well, I started desiccating because of him! He has been desiccating for over a century and only now it has an effect on me! This is what she meant, isn't it!?!  My time was running out!  I'd desiccate because he'd been desiccating for such a long time.  How can you steal a century of someone's life?  And the other one, Finn. 900 years!  How can you do something like that!?"

"Florence, there is a rea-" Klaus tried, but I interrupted him.

"I don't care. Be honest. If it wasn't for me you'd have left him like that for at least a hundred more."

"I am leaving him like that. At least until you die, the sooner the better. At least then your bond won't grow so strong that it can kill my brother," Klaus replied.

"So now you want me dead. Fine! Do it. Kill me. Rip my heart out of my chest. Drive a stake through it. I don't care," I coldly spoke.

"I can't Florence!  Don't you think I've tried to! I can't do it! You're like a daughter to me!  Maybe a sister! I can't kill you."

Elijah pulled me away from the hybrid.

"Why don't you go and have a drink. I'll talk to her," He told Niklaus.

Tears were running down my cheeks.

As soon as I heard the front door close (Niklaus leaving to get a drink I guess, not entirely sure whether he'd kill someone or get a scotch)  Elijah wrapped his arms around me.

"It's okay," he whispered.

"Is it, Elijah?"

He stepped back and felt into his pocket, probably trying to find a clean handkerchief. Instead, he pulled out a note.

He read it and then said: "Let's go somewhere."

•••
Are you ready for Kol?
Please vote and comment!
-Merijn.