Chapter 8: This is family business

I had talked to Finn for a few minutes and when he decided to go talk to Rebekah and Kol I had decided to go outside.

I was walking around the Mikaelson's gardens for a few minutes now. Gigantic. It was already dark outside and it was getting cold.

Just as I was about to turn around and go back inside, I felt like I was being watched.

"Who are you?" I heard an unfamiliar voice.

I turned around to see Kol Mikaelson.

"My name is Florence."

"You're the one who pulled the dagger out of me."

I nodded.

He slowly came closer to me as I took a step back.

"Relax, darling. I'm not going to hurt you," He said in a calming voice. "It's selcouth that people decide to go against my brother. Well, something like that."

"Maybe that is because usually their body's are left without their hearts," I spoke.

He laughed. "You're something different Florence."

I smiled at him.

"You are shivering, let's go inside," He said, laying a hand on my back while escorting me inside.

•••

Apparently, the Mikaelson siblings (excluding Klaus) had made a plan. Kol had quickly enlightened me.

I had re-entered the room where we had dinner, watching Stefan and Klaus fight while I was nonchalantly leaning against a wall.

Elijah and Damon entered the room, a woman following them. The woman is carrying a covered tray.

"Elijah, why haven't you left?" Niklaus asked.

"Where are your manners, brother? We forgot dessert."

Elijah takes the cover off the tray, revealing two silver daggers.

"What have you done?!?"

"What have you done? You see, I've learned not to trust your vulgar promises, Klaus. We're doing this on my terms now," Noble Elijah answered.

Kol walked into the room.

"Kol," Niklaus said shocked.

"Long time, brother," the youngest Mikaelson brother spoke.

Klaus tries to back away when Finn enters the room.

"Finn don't!"

But Finn drove a dagger he had grabbed through Klaus's hand.

Klaus groaned is agony.

He rushed away but ran into Rebekah, who stabbed him with yet another dagger into his stomach.

"This is for our mother."

She pulls the dagger out of Klaus and the hybrid fell back into Kol's arms. Kol restrained him while Elijah told Stefan and Damon to leave by saying: "You're free to go. This is family business."

"I like what you've done with the place, Nik," Rebekah said.

I was still leaning against the wall, but now it wasn't because I wasn't interested, but because I wasn't family. This wasn't my fight. Not yet...