Chapter 21: Soulmates

Kol was being very protective as I walked towards her.

"If you hurt her I will kill you," he told the witch.

She smiled at him and responded with: "I wouldn't expect anything else from you, Kol Mikaelson."

"Fine, you want to talk. Let's talk," I snapped.

I pulled Kol towards the living room.

The witch sat down on the couch, I leant against the table and Kol just stood there, keeping an eye on the bitch.

"Florence, Kol, not many people have an actual soulmate. They think they do, but it's very uncommon."

"I really don't care," Kol spoke coldly.

"Kol, will you shut up please and listen to what I have to say. This is important," the witch spoke.

I noticed that Kol got annoyed and walked over to him, grabbing his hand to calm him down.

"Florence, do you know in which year you were born?" The witch asked me.

I frowned and answered: "1780, why?"

"You weren't born in 1780."

"What?"

"Florence, you were born in the 10th century. That makes you around the same age as the Mikaelson family."

"That's not true. That can't be true," I answered.

"You are the daughter of Tatia, a woman I'm sure Kol will remember," she continued.

"My brothers Elijah and Niklaus used to fight over her. She bore another man's child. A girl who was twelve years old when my siblings and I died. I used to take her hunting," Kol said.

"But you don't remember what she looked like, do you?"

Kol swallowed.

"Her name wasn't Florence or Flore whatsoever."

"Her name was Cyra. When your mother noticed the bond the two of you already had the made Cyra forget that she ever met any of you. Wiped her entire memory and put her to sleep for a few centuries. When she would wake up, she'd be turned by one of you and meet you again," the witch explained.

"And why now and not a thousand years ago."

"You weren't ready a thousand years ago. Florence was six years younger than you were. Trust me, your mother did everything for a reason."

"But why wipe her memory of me?" Kol asked the witch.

"A fresh start."

Kol walked towards the witch and grabbed her angrily.

"Is this some kind of sick joke!"

"Listen! I get it's a lot to take in, I can come back later to tell you the rest of the story, but the earlier you know, the better. There are people who know what you can do. Things you don't know about. I'm not your enemy, Kol Mikaelson. I'm here to help you."

I had known for a while now that I wasn't a Hopes by blood. Louis had told me in the letter he wrote me. But this was definitely not what I had in mind when someone told me I wasn't a Hopes by blood. I was over a thousand years old.

"Is there a way to get my memories back?" I asked the witch.

"There is one. But I can't help you with that one. Esther, the original witch, must have collected your memories. She couldn't entirely erase them. If someone can give you back your memories, it's her. The Mikaelson siblings too."

Kol released her.

"Why should we trust you?" He asked the woman.

"Because by being here, I'm putting my life at risk."

She walked towards the door. "When you realise you can trust me, you'll know where to find me," she spoke before leaving the apartment.

I leant against the wall, slowly letting my body sink onto the floor. Resting my elbows on my knees, I buried my face in my hands.

Kol kneeled in front of me.

"Florence?"

Tears streamed down my face. My life had been a lie.

"Florence, look at me."

Kol moved my hands away from my face and cupped my cheek with his right hand.

"Hey, don't cry."

"Kol. Did you know?"

"No, darling, I didn't. I remembered the girl, but not what she looked like or any details whatsoever. I didn't know it was you."

•••

I had been crying for a while now. Kol had pulled me onto his lap and his shirt was very wet. There had been several minutes of silence. He was stroking my hair. The only thing I could hear, apart from my sobbing, were the sweet words he whispered.

I got up and walked towards the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Kol asked me.

"I need a drink."

I grabbed a bottle of bourbon and drank half of it in a few minutes time. Kol had been there, watching me, making sure I didn't hurt myself.

"Your mother did this to me," I said very softly.

"She's not my mother anymore, Florence, she put you in a slumber for centuries."

I walked over to him, tripping a few times because I had a little too much to drink.

When I actually fell, Kol caught me just before I hit the ground.

"Florence...."

"I love you, Kol."

"You're drunk."

"The drunk mind never lies."

He stared at me for a few seconds and then kissed me. It was slow and full of love.

"I love you too."

•••
SQUEAL!
Please vote and comment.
-Merijn