Sixty Nine. One More Miserable Chapter

A/N: Before you start the chapter here is a heartbreakingly beautiful poem by @19SomebodyElse75. Thank you babe. THIS is art.

He promised to never leave
Though, it was the first thing he broke
Then it was my heart.

I would forgive anything to him
But the scars run deeper than his eyes can seem
He knew how to hurt me
And he did, deliberately.

I believed every one of his words
I would have fought the odds for us
I would have fought the death itself for us
Sad is to know that he gave up I thought he was worth it
What did I do wrong?

He promised to never break my heart
But here I am,
Watching another piece of my heart falling apart

I trusted him with my broken pieces
He said I needed to be fixed,
That I was mentally ill,
How can that be?

I just wanted all the noise to stop,
I wanted to stop feeling worthless,
I wanted to stop feeling heartbroken.

Now he loves me,
When I'm trying to release myself from this place,
When I'm trying to leave all the pain behind,
When I'm trying to move on.

Now he wants to take me off the Death's arms,
How can that be?
He says "I need you and I love you"
And I believed him again.
Because at the end of the day,
He saved me with his lies.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My eyes fluttered open slowly, and a yawn had my mouth stretching wide open.

I shifted in the uncomfortable position I slowly began to realize I was in, but I was unable to move very much.

"What the-"

I glanced down, and my eyes widened when I saw my legs were bound together with thick rope. I tried to move my hands but they were also bound behind me around a thick pole.

I looked around wildly, taking in my surroundings. It looked like I was in some type of an abandoned warehouse which was absolutely filthy, by the way. The ceiling looked like it would collapsed at any given second, pieces of wood dangling dangerously from it. There were a row of windows blacked out running along each side of the building, and the cemented ground I sitting on was caked with dirt and debris. The only door I could see from my current position was on the complete opposite end from where I was.

I tugged at my hands, desperately trying to wiggle loose from the painfully tight bondage, but my attempts were futile. Whoever tied me up must have been on the expert level of the Boy Scouts or something because my hands didn't move an inch.

I shut my eyes briefly, remembering my encounter and then short struggle with the asshole who had grabbed me. The more I ran the memory back in my head the more panicked I became until I had begun hyperventilating.

I tried to force myself to calm down, but given the situation I was in that was understandably very hard to do.

Never once in my life did I ever picture myself being kidnapped. It was supposed to be one of those things that happened to everyone else, but never you. I couldn't believe I was now a statistic. It was frightening not to mention completely unfair. Hadn't I been through enough? Now we had to add kidnapping to the damn folder?

God, I was like everyone psychiatrists wet dream.

"HELLO!?" I screamed, my voice bouncing off the wall. "EXCUSE ME? IS ANYBODY THERE?"