7. Birthday Break Down

Tara felt like everything was it was in a rut

Tara felt like everything was it was in a rut. As she sat in her room she had caught up with all her school work no thanks to Robin who said he would help her, but each time Robin would stay for five minutes before saying he had to go and leave her. Tara was starting to take it personal. Having a place that had food in the fridge was great, but sometimes Tara would forget it was there, she would forget that she could eat without being told it was okay, or how much she was allowed to eat. Most people wouldn't understand if they never went through it, but starving is a horrible thing and if you were to get use to it, well it's hard to feel satisfied because you worried when the next time you would eat. And now it was difficult to accept thay wasn't life right now.

She felt like she was getting in the way of everyone lately. Connor and Ma'gann realized they were a couple, Artemis and Wally didn't know they were in one yet and well Robin and Kal'dur were always training. Where did that put the seventh member of the team? Training with Canary, trying to join the conversations and training with other members of the outside team. It just wasn't clicking for her.

Today was no different, she had asked Wally if he would want to train and he passed,but when she offered if he wanted to play some games he had said he was waiting on Robin to beat his score. When talking to Robin he was doing investigating for Batman off the clock to help find some clues on thieves in Gotham. She offered to help, but he shot her down saying he didn't think she would be able to help much that it was a one man job. A nice rejection, but again shot down.   Connor and Me'gann told her they had a day date planned today and Kal'dur said he was going to do meditating today. Sitting on the couch Tara found herself trying not to be upset, but it was getting ridiculous. They had gone on a few missions together since the last and they all worked well in the moment but as soon as they were back she felt blocked out. She had been trying to make friends with the team mates for a month. Almost two now and every time she said something, she was shot down.

"Tara, is there something the matter?" a robotic voice asked behind the couch that Tara was sitting on. It was their nest mother red tornado and Tara stood up looking at the robot. "Yes, but thanks for noticing." She said while walking away. "May I intrude on what is wrong?" He asked following her to where her room was. Tara turned around glaring. "Your a nest mom, I know you watch us from the cameras. Guess what's wrong." She said while she started to stuff clothes in a bag. Red Tornado started to walk into the room and look at what the young team mate was doing. "You seem upset that your efforts have been ignored." He said while Tara turned around with eyes that seemed to be going emotionless. "Tell me Red how much have I tried? How much did I put myself out there?" She asked while as a Robot it was hard to answer. "I have taken note you have tried multiple times a day to interact with the team. I believe you are upset from not being." he paused trying to find the right words. "Batman lied to me." She choked on her tears for a moment. She had to put her own shield up now.  "He said he would make better arrangements. The only thing different here than any Foster home or street I've lived on is that there is food in the fridge and I feel more used now than before. Hell I'm still weary on eating here.  Maybe I'll get glared at more if i try an eat with the couples. " She said taking her hair and throwing it into a messy bun before grabbing her jacket. She left her extra uniforms in the closet.