20. Ice Bath and Cuddle Sessions

It was back to the real world of superheros and watching them become part of a big team

It was back to the real world of superheros and watching them become part of a big team. Tara remembered all the talk about becoming part of the bigger picture, becoming part of the Justice League and not just being the Young version. She remembered him telling her that Wally, him and Speedy were the ones who started the team she was on now, but they really where just a bunch of side kicks who were done being side kicks and ready to be individuals. Batman and the rest of the leaders on the League didn't think anyone was ready yet, they were too young and hadn't experiance enough. Even Robin and Wally agreed that looking back at it now, they knew they weren't ready.

Tara stood with the rest of the team watching from behind the scene on a big T.v the new League members getting their fancy cards. Tara held her snicker back when Atom almost fell off a shoulder of Plastic Man. What kind of name was that anyway? Tara shook her head as she listened to everyone talk. She really didn't have a say in what was going on, and to be honest Tara didn't know how she felt about going to the next level of superhero. She liked where she was now, it felt stable and it felt solid. The idea of change made Tara feel uncertain if she knew her future. What if they all moved in seperate directions. She would lose them.

She then felt a hand on her shoulder while Wally was rooting for Speedy who was now Red Arrow. Tara met him a few times, didn't really talk to him much and he sort of kept distant from her while they were in the same room. Tara figured it was because of the dance night and Robin had just said something. Nonetheless she was happy for him to have a dream come true. Tara looked at Robin who smiled at her while Artemis cleared her throat making Robin walk away from her.

"You two have been really getting close huh?" Artemis asked while Tara cocked an eyebrow not really liking where this conversation started. "Yeah and well I've heard you and Wally in the guest rooms in the cave on our off days a lot lately." Tara said while Artemis smiled at Tara. "Good point. Lets have a girls day soon kay?" Artemis was hiding her blush well but Tara could tell by her face she was bursting to tell someone other than Wally how she felt. "I agree. As soon as we can get away from those two." Tara winked while Artemis. They watched Rocket hit on Kal'dur that only made Zatanna rather on edge. Tara rolled her eyes before everyone started to hear beeping.

It was time to do their job.

Getting into the bio-ship Tara was now located next to Robin while Rocket was in her old spot closer to Me'gann. Everyone started to explain to Rocket why this mission was so important and why getting Cheshire was their goal to get the case that they missed last time. Also about how the Injustice League was part of all of this making it about a hundred times harder. Tara chose to keep to herself and let everyone talk. Something was making her uneasy when coming of the Bio-ship. "Guys." Tara said while everyone kept talking about how Robin had great hacking skills and that was why they got the tip and not the League.

"Guys something's wrong with the ground. I can't get a reading on it. It's like there's electricity under our feet." Tara said while everyone seemed to talk about her.