18. Scared Feelings Come Back

It had been a rough few months for the team

It had been a rough few months for the team. Tara sat at the couch watching her friends and boyfriend playing video games and talking. She was thinking about everything that had been happening lately. The visit from the Forever People, adults being turned into children, Wally's birthday crazy heart trip, Me'gann's physical image issues, and then Cadmus coming back up with new super team. Tara felt like she was almost running on empty these days. Even Batman had Robin pulled out the side doing side missions almost over other night. The nights he wasn't, he was catching up with school with Tara's notes. Tara was no better being pulled on side missions with Black Canary and Green Arrow. Dick and Tara hadn't really hung out since their last date. They were on break for the next two weeks from school and Tara was happy the team was taking a break together.

So much had happened and sometimes the team had almost had forgotten they were all teenagers. Older teenagers than before, but still only kids. And it was moments like this Tara couldn't believe how much her life had changed in the past year. From being a foster kid in the system, to a now adopted daughter. From hiding her abilities to saving the world on more than one occasion. Smiling she brought her knees to her chest to place her head on her knees looking over to Robin and smiling at him. She had him now too, her first love.

Everyone was talking about what movie to watch while Tara just listen to their bickering. She enjoyed moments like this. These were the moments when she was older she would look back and smile. Well that was until she heard her name being called over and over again.

"Earth to Tara!" Wally said waving his hands back and forth while everyone rolled their eyes. "Get it, Earth to you? HA! You talk to the Earth!" Wally started to laugh before Tara scrunched up her nose and placed her hand on his face and everyone's eyes snapped to Tara before they all started to laugh when she took her hand back. Wally had a muddy hand print on his face and mud in his mouth. "I hate then you do that!" Wally explained before running to the kitchen washing off his face. Tara giggled before putting her feet on the ground and something made her head turn to the door.

"I got to go." Tara said fast as Robin stood up fast and grabbed her wrist. "What? Come on he was just playing around." He said while Tara shook her head. "Not Wally, Aquaman is here. I'm out." She said fast while the door from the main room to the living room where the team opened and Tara rolled her eyes. She should've put her feet on the floor earlier, then she would've known that he was there. Kal'dur seemed to get up fast and walk infront of Robin and Tara. "My King is everything okay?" He asked before Aquaman nodded at Kal'dur.

"Yes, I am here to talk to Tara." He said while everyone seemed to get the hint to leave the room. Well that was for Kal'dur and Robin who seemed to stand between the two of them. "My King I understand you have been requesting to see her, but she has asked for space." Kal'dur said formally while Aquaman walked up to Kal'dur and placed his hand on his shoulder. "Kal'dur leave now. I understand, but there are things that the queen and I have discussed and I am here to talk to Tara alone." with that Kal'dur was out of the room, giving apologetic looks to Tara who sighed.