14. Best Failure Date Ever

(A/N Hope you guys like this :) )

Tara's POV

So I was pacing back and forth at Dinah's house. Well my house, it was my home on the weekends but she was my Foster parent and man she was rocking the role like a boss, but right now I didn't know how to explain to her what I did. She was sitting reading a book on her tablet while I ran my hair through my hair sighing deeply. "So when are you going to tell me why you are creating  a line in my rug?" She asked not even looking up at me and I couldn't help but roll my eyes and cross my arms infront of my body. "I did it, I got courage to look him in the eye and ask him, but now all I want to do is puke and run away and never see the team or Gotham Academy. I don't know of I was thinking Dinah I asked him! He must think I like control! He must think I'm a weirdo or what if he doesn't show up and ditches me! Oh my god I don't know what to wear." I finally took a breath while Dinah stood and stopped me from pacing again.

"I'm assuming this has to do with the dance at Me'ganns and Connors school you asked to go to?" She asked with a cocked eyebrow and man I could see in her eyes she was curious.

"Who did you ask? Was it Kal'dur?" She assumed while my eyes shot open wide. "No ew he is like my best friend. But I asked Robin. Oh god and he said yes and I don't think I want to go. I don't want to dress as an ugly monster on a potential date." I rolled my eyes as she smiled.

"I think you should dress as a princess. But your version of one. Add some scrapes with make-up and a fun mask." She said while I smiled at her. "I will stick out like a sore thumb, everyone is going to do something crazy." Before I could protest more she shook her head. "You want to stick out so he knows he has the best girl there." She winked at me before a laughed lightly and hugged her. "You are seriously the best you know that Dinah." I said while her arms wrapped around me. It felt good to be with someone I trusted and not have to worry about if I'll be kicked out. Even in the cave I worried about what if I messed up and I wasn't on the team then I wouldn't have a place to live. Now I had Dinah and she was trying so hard but trying not to show it. Soon the adoption papers would be ready.

"I have a dress that you may like." She said to me while walking away. When she came back my eyes almost came out of my face. It was short, it would show my legs, but it would also show my curves that I covered up a lot.

"It's perfect." I said grabbing it and smiling. Something so pretty I was going to wear. I'd have wear flats with it so Dick would be taller than me. A bright blush came to my face while I thought of him and our dance together at Gotham and then the kiss he popped on her. "Wait are you and Dick dating?" I heard while I looked up and shook my head no and shrugged. "I like him a lot. I think he likes me, it's just so hard to." I stopped looking up at her and sighing. She said what I was going to say.

"It's hard to let people in. Dick is a good kid. I approve for now but if he hurts you I'll..." she smiled almost too evil for me to feel safe. "Dinah." I asked and she hummed at me. "Will, will you do my hair and makeup?" Her smile told me everything. She was completely and utterly happy and I felt like for the first time in my life. I had someone love me. And I was seeing her as a mother figure. I loved her.