12. Humanity

Yesterday was a great reminder that the team was still just kids and feelings were new things that could blind you at any moment's moment

Today was another story, today the injustice league made their big reveal and were asking for ten billion dollars. Batman informed the team that they were going after the heavy hitters while the League went after the plants. To be honest Tara was very nervous about going after some of the biggest villains out there. There wasn't much time for nerves though as they were all off into the bio-ship. Everyone had their plans and Shield was assigned to stay with Miss. Martin  (Me'gann) and Robin they had to make it to the base no matter what. Looking forward Shield wiped her mind of any thoughts that would distract her.

"She's dizzy." Miss. Martian said while Artemis said she was fine and Tara raised her eyebrows and shook her head "I only get sea sick."

"Not you guys bio-ship she is trying to protect us." Before she could finish what she was saying the ship was being thrashed around and spun off into muddy lake.

"Everyone out, re-group" Aqualad ordered as Robin handed her a breathalyzer. "Oh thanks." She said with a smirk before placing it to her lips and diving into the water to get out. That was until one of the vines grabbed ahold of her ankle and started to drag her down. No one had noticed Tara didn't come up.

Her body turned to stone as the breathalyzer started to float to the surface. "Shield didn't come up Aqualad" Miss. Martian said while Everyone's eyes panicked. "I will-" Before anything could be said Superboy was hit into a few trees past them by Black Atom. While the rest of the team were attacked there was a sudden shake of the earth that had all the Villains on edge. They had yet to know about the new team member. The water in the lake started to move into a circle and in the middle was nothing. "Shield go with Miss. Martian and Robin to the headquarters." Aqualad said knowing the new technique the young member was using before the water from the late disappeared and turned into a heavy fog giving the team an advantage. Also helping the Bio-ship heal without being under water.

Meanwhile Shield started to come out of the ground beside Robin to only see both teammates look at her in shock. "Thank God you didn't die." Robin said while Miss. Martian grabbed ahold of her. "You didn't come up. We thought the worse." She said while Shield smiled. "I have a few new tricks Aqualad helped me with. Now what's the plan." She said while Robin went over how they needed to take out the big plant because it was the mother plant. "Right lets get to it." She said while before she could Poison IV and Joker started to attack. Tara found Miss. Martian  had fallen and it was left to Robin and her.

"You think you can defeat me child?" Poison IV asked while Tara smiled as her eyes started to glow purple and she placed her hands up as Poison IV did as well. "What are you doing to my babies!" She pleaded as they started to shrivel up and fall to the ground. "How can your plants grow if the water and dirt reject them?" She asked while Poison IV went after her one on one with combat. Before she could block she felt her body being shoved into the air by an invisible force. "Go with Robin! I'll see you there." Miss. M said while Tara nodded as she started to head up the roof of the building that surrounded the mother plant. Tara worried if her team mate was okay enough to to on Poison IV right after being taken out.