13. A night within Wayne Mannor

Finding Tara itself was a challenge but Robin changed into Dick and finally did, but it wasn't at the cave, near anywhere honestly

Finding Tara itself was a challenge but Robin changed into Dick and finally did, but it wasn't at the cave, near anywhere honestly. She was in the the Gotham elementary playground and the site Dick saw made his glass blue eyes widen for a moment before a small smile came to his face. She was in black shorts, a light blue fitting blue tank-top with a sports bra and with no shoes on. She had a pair of earphones in that were going to a little mp3 player that attached to her bra strap. She was dancing but what Dick saw then made him concern. There were tear drops he could see while she spun around on the grass and then grabbed ahold of the monkey bars. Flipping herself in the air where she did a perfect double flip before landing on her feet to only bend backward to place her hands on the ground behind her. Tara slowly brought her legs into the air before she pushed off the ground with her hands trying to do a spinning flip to land on her feet.

Dick had dropped his bag and ran toward her as he knew she over estimated how much power she needed and before she stumbled forward he placed his hands on her hips. Her gasp and jump when he spun her around she had her body pressed against him and now a instinctive hand on his shoulder as if ready to push away. Dick smile slightly looking down at his favorite redhead. He could see she was trying to work through something, but keeping her body busy. As her eyes were wide and the tear stains still lingering on her cheeks Dick's smile faded. "Tara?" He asked while she ripped her ear phone out of her ears and placed her hands on his chest and grabbed his shirt and placed her face against her chest  with her hands holding on tight. Dick had a hand on her lower back and now a hand on her head. "Hey hey it's me." He whispered as the sound of the music coming from the ear phones made a little buzzing sound. She must of been completely in a trance and unable to hear him run to her when he did with how loud it was.

"Dick." She whispered pushing against him harder. "Someone wants to keep me." He was taken back by what she said and moved his hand to her shoulder. "You've been wanted since we have all met you." He said confused on what brought this on. "No." She moved her head away wiping her face a frantically.

"Not the team silly." She said with a soft smile while looking up to him. "Canary she." Tara froze for a moment now realizing how close they got so fast. She pulled away and for the first time Dick felt incomplete. He pushed the thought of grabbing her again when looking at her very distraught look. "What about her?" He asked confused.

"She wants to adopt me. She wants to be my family." She said before turning her mp3 off and sighing. "Wow that's awesome isn't it?" He asked with a big smile on his face. "No." She said fast. Then she looked to the side and then rolled her eyes. "Yes?" Tara said conflicted while walking over the bench and placing her elbows on her knees and her head in her hands. "I honestly don't know." She mumbled while Dick sat down next to her and bent down with a smile on his face. "What's wrong?" He was happy for Tara. He thought something like this would happen with how close Dinah and her had been getting. Dinah had been acting more protective of Tara.

"Dick you wouldn't get it, but for me something like this doesn't happen. I feel like it's not real. No one ever wanted me. No matter how perfect I was for them. No matter if I let them starve me, hit me or I did every single chore they never cared enough to make me feel safe." She said looking down at the ground. "I haven't had a home since I was well born. What if she changes her mind and just doesn't sign the papers. What if she has a baby and." Her eyes started to close tight. She didn't want to cry infront of Dick. "So what do you think she won't love you?" He asked while her eyes opened looking at him. That question stung.