Ch | 8

Three days later

"Okay so, well, we have another 4 days for the trip to The Capitol. In the meantime, why don't we enjoy this weekend out at Six Flags?" Will suggested. We took a look at each other and blinked silently. "After all that we've been through, come on." Will trying to convince throwing his hands up in the air.

"Alright, alright. We'll go-" Kenneth was agreeing when Boogie cut him off.

"We've been to Six Flags for a bazillion times. How about Universal Studios? I've been meaning to go to Hollywood. I miss my favourite ice cream shop." She continued, putting on a convincing face.

Kenneth exchanged looks from Boogie to Will, waiting for Will's approval. "Okay, okay. Hollywood it is." He sighed as Boogie raised her fist in the air as an act of success to convince Will. I just shrugged and figured that that would be a great idea to get our minds off of something for now.

We then went into our rooms respectively and changed into something more appropriate for a day out in Hollywood. I went through my closet, trying to match clothes up and finally decided to throw on my maroon sweatshirt with black ripped jeans and my red Vlado Midas Mid Top. I decided to straighten and let my hair down while sliding on two black hairbands into my right wrist. Just in case I needed to put my hair up when my hair decided to be all over the place while riding the rollercoaster.

I put on some powder on my face, eyeliner, mascara, did my eyebrows and threw on some liquid lipstick which was from Colourpop in the shade of Kapow which was a matte dusty purple grey shade. Just as I was done, I went downstairs to see everyone ready and was getting out of the door. My eye caught on something I love; Kenneth as I walked towards him with a smile formed on my face as I took his hand and intertwined it with mine.

About an hour later, we arrived at Hollywood just outside the universal studios. "That's weird. Why is it so quiet? Where is everyone?" Kaycee breaking the silence. I looked around to see a deserted city and can't help but to notice that there were less and less people on our way here. And now, this place is deserted.

"Let's just go in and take a look." Kenneth voiced. We took baby steps, slowly making our way into the entrance of Universal Studios. Me and Kenneth approached the tickets booth.

"Hello?" I called out but there was no answer. I slowly walked headed to the back door of the booth which was a store room as far as I know. I was already holding on to the door knob when Josh and Tati saw me and went over to us. They didn't say anything so I was guessing that they're with us.

As I twisted the door knob and push the door open to the store room, something did really got us in shock.

"What the hell?!" Will came running to us after hearing Tati's shriek. "Oh woah." Will stood there by the door with his eyes blinking. "Oh this is bad. Real bad." Boogie said after running to us and took a look at what we were all staring at.

In the store room, there it was, a bloody body lying lifelessly. There were splashes of blood on the wall. Kenneth started making his way over to the body slowly, along with us following his lead. We started to inspect the body for injuries but there was only one. There was a bite mark on the neck which didn't turn the person but killing them instead.

Kenneth turned to face me with something on his mind. And I know what he's about to do. Kenneth sighed and then took a deep breath before he stuck his fingers into the back of the neck of the body. I could tell by the way he was concentrating and his forehead was creased that he was having the person's flashback. It was taking a moment when we heard some growls from a distance. I turned to look at the others.

"Come on!" Josh said, ushering us to get out to the others outside. Tati, Will, Boogie and Josh turned to run out the door to the others while I went over to Kenny to wake him up.

"Ken! Kenny! Come on! We have to go!" I shook his body to wake him up until he woke up shocked and sweaty.

"There-" Kenneth was about to tell me what he saw when a boy and two girls were standing at the door looking at us with glowing yellow eyes.

Kenneth stood up and shoved me behind him, trying to protect me. I looked behind to the window to see the others were running out to the entrance. Kenneth was growling when the boy started to attack him. Ken managed to push him by the wall and was punching him when one of the girls growled and started heading towards me. I growled, took out my claws and started charging towards the girl.

I was taking out the girl that attacked me when the other girl growled and was about to attack me. Just as she was about to claw me, Josh caught her hand and pushed her to the wall. I wasn't focusing for the moment when the girl that I was holding back kicked me in the chest. I flew to the other side of the room and hit my head on the wall. The girl was charging and had her claws aiming at me when she was being thrown and held to the wall. Tati was holding her to the wall when Will came and end her.

"We have to go. Now." Tati said. Just then, there was a loud growl from a distance. We turned to look each other before we started scurrying out of the bounds.

•••••••

"Thanks." I said as Kenny finished treating and cleaning up my wound on my head when I hit the wall back there.

"There was a lot of different bunch out there." Will said. We were sitting in our living room, cleaning up our wounds. Lucky there was nobody badly injured, just me and my bloody head.

"Yeah. I saw them when I had my nails at the back of the body's neck." Kenneth said slightly. "They were working and everybody's just living their normal day when suddenly everyone started screaming in the theme park. Everyone was literally running for their lives. The guy dead in the booth, he was scared. His other friends in that booth already took off and ran. He didn't know what to do. He went to hide in the closet; the store room. But he ended up dead too. They found him. The thing is, there were many different bunch of creatures. Not one."

"Bailey couldn't have released all at once, could she?" Soni interrupted.

"Only if I knew." Kenneth replied and shrugged.

"We have to go to The Capitol. Asap. I'm sure they're slowly making their way here. They'll be here in no time. I didn't even get my ice cream." Boogie sighed.

"Boogie!" Kaycee shouted. "What?" Boogie replied with her innocent face.

"Well. I checked. But there is no available slots anytime near. Its either Friday or not anytime near." Will said while shutting his laptop.

"We got no other choice than to wait then." Tati said, putting her head in her hands. Will put his hand on her knee, rubbing circles on it, trying to calm her.

•TO BE CONTINUED•

You guy's comments mean a lot although it's just a bunch but IT MAKES ME EXCITED TOO SO THANK YOU! Don't forget to hit that orange button below ;)