Ch | 12

Friday

After the bad news last night, they calmed themselves down and sat on the couch while I made some tea for them.

"What happened?" I asked as I hand over them their cups of tea. Will sighed.

"Everything was very easy. We didn't have any problems getting in. As we got in, it was exceptionally quiet. But we just thought that maybe it's true that they're not around during that time. To be safe, we took the longer route. We were walking through the tunnel when we took a sharp turn and saw her. She was hanging by the ceiling. She couldn't have killed herself. Someone hung her up there. Not forgetting our mission, we continued making our way to the control room. But it's not there. Everything's gone. The creatures are gone. We didn't look at the other security cameras as it was on the other side of the room. But we panicked and came back to deliver the news. Something's wrong." Will said as he looked up to me.

"Oh my god." I mumbled and sighed as massaged my creased forehead.

"We need to go back." Kenneth finally said, breaking the silence. "We have to find out what's going on there." He convinced.

"Yeah, lets rest for tonight. We'll stick to the original plan tomorrow night." I said. Everyone just nodded as I made my way upstairs to go to bed with the others trailing behind.

I was the first to wake up the next morning. It was almost noon and everyone still hasn't woke up. I missed school yesterday and some classes this morning so I thought that I could at least attend the last two classes for the day. Not caring about the others since I didn't want to bother them from last night, I quickly took a shower, got dressed and headed straight to school.

When I arrived at school, there wasn't many people left. It was just me and another 8 people in every class. Just before the last class for the day, I headed to the cafeteria for lunch. I decided to sit at the table with the remaining jocks. Throughout my whole life, I hung out with guys mostly. I can never get along with girls and their stupid drama queen act. (Not trying to offend anyone, its just a story.) And that's where I met Kenneth.

We were 14 when I moved here, into the same school as Kenneth. I surely made some guy friends on the first day and one of them named Noah asked me to watch him over his basketball training after school. I wasn't doing anything after so I decided to go.

During the training, I couldn't help but to notice this hot guy who I guess was the shooter because he literally scores the most. I can certain that he was the best player, ever.

After the training, I praised Noah and told him that he was great out there. That's when Kenneth came over to us, to tell Noah something - and fyi it's not about me - and Noah introduced him to me. After that, I hung out a lot with both of them since they were best friends.

I was really interested in dancing but I never got the chance to attend any classes. But after I found out that Kenneth goes to dance classes, he volunteered to help me through it. So I finally began taking dance classes, thanks to him. With my passion towards dancing, I got hold of it quite quick, just like Kenneth. And a year and a half later, we started dating. I never would've thought that we'd be a thing.

I snapped back to reality when Mike - one of the jocks - snapped his fingers in front of my face. "Oh. I'm sorry." I apologized as he shook his head, assuring that it was fine. As I was about to take a bite from my sandwich, I heard growls from a distance. I looked up from my sandwich to look for the sound again, to make sure that I really heard that. I hitched on my breath. They're here.

"Guys! You need to get out of here. Fast!" I stood up as I shoved them to get their asses out of there.

"Woah, what's wrong?" One of the jocks asked.