Ch | 13

Next morning; Saturday

"Where the heck are we gonna find her?" Kaycee asked. Everyone was either sitting down on the couch or pacing back and forth trying to figure out where Bailey might have gone to. But then it all makes sense.

I sighed as I throw my hands in the air. I looked over at them who's attention was already on me. "Of course. Where else could she be other than at Dauntless?" I said making a 'duh' face.

"Of fucking course!" Josh said as he came up to me and kissed me on the cheek and headed straight for the door. My eyes bawled, weirded out by him. "Wow. Let's go then." Ken said as he took my hand and pulled me out of the door. We went with two cars since we were left with 8 people.

                            4 hours later

"Ugh. This place. I can't believe we're coming back here after university." Will said as we arrived in front of the Dauntless building.

"And I can't believe we're studying for nothing if we're gonna end up back here." Boogie said as she closed the car door.

"They're letting us enjoy our days in school. It's up to you whether you want to study till PhD or whatever your choice is. So, enjoy while it lasts." Sean said as he smiled at Boogie.

At the entrance, there are several machine detectors where you have to have to walk past it and they scan you to confirm you are a Dauntless. They inserted a device under your skin where it has your serial number on it so they are scanned when you walk through it. Luckily everyone of us is a Dauntless.

As we entered the building, we saw posters and posters of Bailey's face, with the sentence 'Welcome Back Our Beloved Leader' under it. I smiled and said, "Well, guess who's right again." We headed straight into the elevator and went to the top floor, where her office is indicated.

As we reached the floor and headed for her office, there were two guards standing at the side of the door. I ignored them and was about to push the door open when one of them stopped me. "This room is beyond premises." One of the guard said. "I'm sorry but we're here to-" As Kenneth was about to continue his sentence, the door opened, revealing a Bailey.

"Took you long enough to find me." She said as she sat down on one of the couches. "Excuse?" Boogie said. Everyone was weirded out and it took a moment for us think of Bailey's behavior. Bailey sighed. "I'm not the same me. I welcome you guys with good intentions. Please. Sit down." She said as she opened her arms, showing us to the couches around her.

We slowly took steps towards the couch and sat. We decided to hear her out before jumping into conclusions. "Okay? So what now?" Will asked her indirectly. Bailey was about to open her mouth and talk when Josh interrupted. "Did you let those chimeras out?"

"No I did not. I believe there was a system failure and-" Bailey was explaining when she was being cut off by Sean.

"I don't care if it was a system failure or whatever! Why did you even create them in the first place?!" Bailey was about to talk when Sean cut her off again. "You know what? I know exactly why. Because you're just a sick ass bitch." Sean said bluntly.

"Just let me explain." Bailey said after Sean got up from his seat, filled with anger. "Yes, I was a sick ass bitch who wanted revenge and attention and everything else. I was selfish. I created those creatures to wipe off the human race, start off with fresh new people who will accept me as their leader. But then accidents happen and I'm still trying to gather as many people to stop my experiments. And now, I know this is a huge favor I'm asking despite our history together but I'm asking you guys to help me out stopping my experiments." She said as she lowered her head.