Ch | 15

The day of the attack

It was the day of the attack. We woke up at around 9am and had breakfast when we heard a loud growl. "I recognize that. It's Bailey's." Josh said as he got up from the floor abruptly.

"Oh no." Tati said. We got up and out of the house. We didn't even bother to take the car. We just ran through the woods back to Dauntless.

When we reached Dauntless, there were lots of people fighting the creatures. We don't think anyone would be at the other floors because of the attack so we quickly scanned the floor to find Bailey.

"There!" Josh shouted as he pointed towards Bailey who was at the corner with her thigh bleeding.

"They somehow managed to get in and past the guards. There are too many of them." Bailey said, panting.

We nodded at each other and went charging on the creatures. I charged towards a girl who was on top of another girl's back, strangling her. I sent her falling to the floor and I didn't wait any second. I quickly twisted her head and sent her dead on the floor.

We weren't wasting any time tolerating with these creatures. With Bailey bleeding in her thigh, she was still out there fighting. Numbers and numbers of them died. So as our Dauntless people.

Not long after, I finished my opponent and looked around. The rest of them was on the floor, injured and panting. Then my eye caught on one left. One that was strangling Kenneth. My Kenneth.

I growled and charged towards that guy with my nails aiming at his back when he threw Kenneth towards the wall as he fell to the floor and turned around and stabbed his nails in my chest. He began to slowly twist his nails in my chest with his other hand on my neck, digging his nails in it. I was struggling to fight him but I felt weak. Too weak. I opened my eyes and saw Kenneth who was still trying to gain his conscious. "Kenneth...help."

I can't get the words out of my mouth but I'm sure he heard it. "Y/n!" He screamed as he ran towards me and saw the other guys charging towards me as well. Kenneth kicked him in his back which made him let go of me and threw him to the wall. Josh, Will, Sean and Kenneth mostly took care of him as Tati came running towards me and helped me lying on her. I was gasping for air. This wasn't a werewolf. This was something else. His nails had venoms.

"No no no. Y/n! Stay with me!" Tati shouted as she tried to apply force onto my wound but it was no use. I was gonna die.

Just as Kenneth heard Tati, he turned to look at me and ran over towards me while the others took care of the guy. Kenneth took me in his arms, in his warmth. The warmth that I was gonna feel for the last time.

"Y/n! No no no no. Babygirl please stay with me." He said as he hugged me tightly with his hands trembling, and I could feel his tears fall on my head. I was already hitching on my breath.

"Babygirl please! I promised I won't ever leave you! We're gonna write our first song together right? Remember what we talked that night? About how much you loved me? You did the same. You have the same effect on me. You put the stars in my sky. You shine so bright-"

I had tears falling from my eyes. I can't breathe. My body started to tremble and on my last breath, I managed to say it all. For the last time. "I'll see you soon Paul. I love you. So much. I'll be waiting..." I finished my sentence as I let out my last breath and fell weakly into his chest.

"No no no! Y/n! No!" Kenneth cried as he held me tightly in his arms. "I love you....so much.." He said, sobbing.

•••••••

Kenneth's POV

At the funeral

She was lying there, peacefully. The fact that I never asked her to promise that she'll stay with me forever kept on bugging me. I can't stop crying, I have no appetite, I have nothing. Who's gonna put the stars in my sky ever again?

It was speech time. Her mom can't even finish her speech so her dad continued for her. What if one day, I can't finish my speech? Who will continue it for me when she's not here anymore?

Soon, it was my turn after her dad finished. I got up to the podium and cleared my throat.

"Y/n was a wonderful girl. We'd always put up stars in each other's skies. She wasn't one of the stars. She was the moon. She was the moon when it was big and near. It represents her love for me. And I never took it for granted. We'd dance and sing together. Play basketball together. She even said that we're gonna write our first song together two nights ago. I just wished I knew that that was the last time we were gonna sing together. When I hold her in my arms, it felt like home. Her perfume, her hair, her eyes. When I looked into her eyes, I see the universe. My universe."

At this point of time, my voice was cracking. I looked over to her parents and her mom was sobbing with her dad who had tears in his eyes. Josh, I knew he liked her. But he was happy for her too. Tati, her bestest friend, her eyes were red and puffy due to crying.

"When I held her in my arms for the last time, I felt numb. It's like everything comes crashing down around me. Because now I'm left with nothing but just memories. Memories that are either too good or too painful to remember. I've always loved her from the start. From the day that I met her. I've always felt something. Something pure. She was the one and only. I don't know how I'm gonna continue without her. But I can't wait to meet her again."

I turned and looked over to her in the coffin. "I will always love you." I wiped a tear and got back to my seat. Next it was Tati's turn. She got up to the podium and took a deep breath.

"She was the smartest girl I've ever known. She loves puzzles and solving things. She loves to think. And she's always up for the challenge. Just not the time where Bailey asked us for help. At first it was weird. Y/n turning down the challenge? But I was guessing that maybe she has a good reason behind it. She always has. Maybe she knew. But like I said, she's always up for a challenge. Maybe that's why she's willing to risk it. She was also my bestest friend. We don't talk much these days but whenever we are in trouble or needed something, we were always there for each other. God knows how much I love her. I'm gonna miss her so much. Rest in piece, my bestest friend. I love you."

~THE END~