Ch | 10

Wednesday;
         two more days to The Capitol.

"Half of my class is gone." I rushed over to Kenneth at his locker with Josh by my side.

"Yeah, mine too. We have no other choice but to wait for two more days." Kenneth assured as he took out his Math book and put it in his bag.

"They're getting nearer and soon this town is gonna be a ghost town." I sighed, resting my back on the lockers. Sean was down the hallway so Josh decided to catch up with him, leaving me and Kenneth.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. Don't think about it too much. Okay?" Kenny said as he held my hands and gave me a hug. It's been so long since we've had some time together and I missed his warmth. Kenneth pulled away from the hug and held my cheeks in his hands. "Hey, its been a long time since we spent time together. How about a short getaway? Just the two of us. We could skip class after this."

"No, I can't. I have a make-up test after this. After school?" I said, as I wrapped my hands around his torso.

"Yeah, that would be okay." He nodded. We exchanged smiles and hugged before I started making my way to the next class.

"Beauchamp!" I called him from the end of the hallway. He turned to his surname being called and exchanged nods with Sean before he rushed over to me to our next class. There were a few students who chuckled by Josh's stumbling like he was being called by his angry mother.

••••••••

"Where are we going?" I asked Kenneth as he carried our luggage down the stairs.

"Okay guys, I don't want any problems when I'm gone. Josh, you're in charge. Don't do anything until we come back tomorrow." Kenneth said, totally ignoring my question.

"Excuse me grandpa, I was asking whe-" As I was about to continue my sentence, Kenneth put his finger on my lips asking me to stop talking.

"Shh. It's a secret." He said as he took my hand and pulled me out of the door. "Take care guys! See you tomorrow!" Boogie shouted from inside the house as the others waved us goodbye.

As soon as we were on the road, I brought up the question again. "So, will you tell me where are we going?" Kenny smiled as he reached his hand out to the radio and turned up the volume. I swat his hand and turned the volume down. "Oh come on!" I whined. Kenny just chuckled and continued to ignore me. "Fine." I said as I shuffled in my seat to turn and face the window. "Okay okay!" He laughed as he reached out and intertwined his fingers with mine.

"We're going to Santa Monica Pier." I turned to face him with my impressed and shocked face. "Seriously?" He nodded with a big smile on his face. "Oh my god. You're making me love you more, you know?" I said as I leaned in towards him.

"So, you're saying that you don't love me so much before?" He looked at me with a disappointed face.

"No! That's not what I meant! It's just a metaphor grandpa." I quickly regained myself.

"I know, silly. I was just messing with you." He chuckled. "Ugh." I mumbled as I sat back in my seat, plugged in the aux cord into my phone and changed to my 'Lit?' playlist.

•••••••