3 ✹ The Hickies

Theo had a problem. A problem that tended to make your life very difficult. Granted, his problem stemmed from a place of love, but love didn't make it any less of an inconvenience for you.

Theo's problem was, simply put, hickies. While Theo loved all hickies: the hickies you gave him, the hickies he gave you, the hickies you gave each other, the real issue was with the hickies he gave you. And there wasn't any one thing wrong with them. It was just in general, the size and number of them. They were everywhere, spanning every limb of your body, and he refused to stop. The dark purple and red splotches decorated your inner thighs, stomach, breasts, shoulders, collar bones, and of course your neck. The neck was definitely Theo's favorite location, and there was always at least one dark love bite permanently there, like a mark of possession. Of course, he insisted it was a loving possession and not one based on a sexist male agenda.

Any time you would ask Theo to lay off with the hickies, because they were very difficult to cover up, he would always say, "Just tell me next time I'm doing it, and I'll stop."

Theo knew exactly what he was doing in saying that. He was redirecting the blame to you. The problem with that was, when he was in the action of giving you hickies, of course you wouldn't want him to stop. It was only ever after when you realized you would have to dress like a nun for the next few days that you regretted it.

And so, it was an endless cycle of asking Theo to not give you hickies, him diverting the question, you diverting the question, hickies, and repeat. 

-

You sighed as you looked into the mirror, the dark marks decorating your neck. You weren't in the mood to cake cover up all over your skin today, so you settled for a sweater and a scarf. You made sure the scarf was wrapped securely around your neck before grabbing your bag and heading to school.

By the time you walked through Beacon Hills High's large entrance doors, you were already five minutes late to class. You sighed as you trotted your way through the halls, not looking forward to History one bit. You finally made your way to room 32B and pulled open the heavy brown door, only to have Mr. Forger turn to you with a quirked brow and a scowl on his face. 

"Sorry, I got held up this morning," you mumbled out as you made your way to your usual seat in the back next to Theo. Mr. Forger just nodded and continued teaching while Theo smirked at you as you pulled out the chair beside him. 

"Nice scarf," he grinned, reaching out and tugging lightly at the ends of it. You quickly grabbed his hand, pushing it away.

"Don't even start babe, if you knew the struggle I went through getting dressed this morning to cover your mess, you would not be amused."

"Mess? Sweets what I make is art." 

"Well, find a new canvas," you grumbled out. Theo chuckled, leaning in to your ear and wrapping his arm around your waist, completely ignoring the fact that you were in a classroom. 

"I like my current canvas quite a bit, thank you very much." He placed a light kiss on your jaw and pulled back, the grin on his face widening at your look of indecision. 

You groaned and turned back to the white board, "I'm not talking about this in class." 

Theo shrugged, mimicking your actions and turning to look at the white board as well. He reached out and placed his hand on your thigh, gripping it slightly, and kept his hand there for the rest of the period. 

"Do you want to talk now?" Theo asked as you walked hand in hand toward your locker during lunch.