10 ✹ The Anger

Another one, and another one, and another one writes and stuff. That was bad. lol, sorry. Here ya go. This wasn't a request but I wanted to write it because I love angry Theo and I love special connections and ugh ugh ugh do you ever just love Theo so much that you feel like you're gonna combust because that is me rn. Anyway, hope you enjoy. Don't forget to comment and vote. Love love love, slightlyunhappy.

Summary: It's simple really, only you can calm him down when he's angry.

-

Theo somehow managed to simultaneously be the most complicated and simple person you had ever met.

He was complicated in that he was angry. So angry. It took nearly nothing to set him off. The littlest things could lead to a Theo explosion that most people would never want to see again.

However, he was simple in that his weakness was you. You were the only person who could calm him down when the overwhelming bouts of anger took over. And it was so effortless when it came to you. One look into your eyes and he melted on the spot.  One caress of your hands and all anger completely dissipated. It was that easy.

-

One thing that made Theo angry was traffic. Or stupid drivers. Forgotten turn signals. Red lights. Just driving in general.

It was Thursday which meant it was date night. The two of you were seated in his truck, Theo driving while you sat in the passenger seat and watched the forest pass through the window. You were on the way to a nice restaurant to go have dinner, and then see a movie.

Unfortunately, with every minute that passed, Theo's mood turned more and more sour. The traffic light gods were clearly not on your side tonight because every single intersection seemed to be turning to a red light as soon as you rolled up to it. It was becoming such a problem that there was a chance you would be late for your dinner reservation. To make matters worse, the car behind you on the road had its highlights on. They were shining right into Theo's truck and making it difficult to see with their intensity.

The car came to a screeching halt at the 17th red light you faced. There were so many that you started counting. You watched as Theo's grip on the steering wheel tightened, his knuckles turning white with anger. When the light finally turned green again, he stepped on the gas and sped down the street, trying to make up for lost time. You watched worriedly as he weaved through cars, still driving well but not as cautiously as he usually did. He finally settled into the left lane and slowed down to the speed limit, driving calmly for a few minutes as the destination grew nearer. Theo was preparing to turn left into the parking lot of the restaurant when a small sports car whizzed out of nowhere and cut him off, forcing him to slam on his brakes and let out a loud curse.

"Jesus FUCKING christ. Why doesn't anyone know how to fucking drive" he seethed between his teeth. You frowned as his outburst continued, reaching out one of your hands and gently removing his from the steering wheel. At the soft pull and the tender feeling of your skin against his, Theo turned to look at you. His eyes melted as you enveloped his hand between the two of yours and placed a gentle kiss on the back of it.

"Calm down babe," you spoke softly, "a lot of people are shitty drivers. You just gotta learn to accept it rather then letting it get you all fired up." With your comforting words, you leaned forward and placed a firm kiss on his lips. The kiss lasted for only about five seconds, his soft lips returning the pressure of your own before he bit down gently on your lower lip and pulled away.

Theo breathed heavily out of his nose, slowly opening his blue eyes to look at you as you stared back at him.

"I know," he mumbled out slowly, resting his forehead against your's, "I just can't help it. People make me so damn angry."